Aboah for Love magazine in 2017
Adwoa Caitlin Maria Aboah
18 May 1992
|Alma mater||Brunel University|
|Relatives||Kesewa Aboah (sister)|
Anthony Lowther, Viscount Lowther (grandfather)
Matilda Lowther (2nd cousin)
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
Adwoa Caitlin Maria Aboah (born 18 May 1992) is a British fashion model. In December 2017 she appeared on the cover of British Vogue. She has also been on the cover of American Vogue, Vogue Italia, Vogue Poland, and i-D. In 2017, the fashion industry voted her as Model of the Year for models.com.
Early life and family
Adwoa Aboah was born in Westminster, London, England, to Charles Aboah and Camilla Lowther. Adwoa means "born on Monday" (she was born on a Monday). The Lowther family, headed by mthe Earl of Lonsdale, are members of the British nobility. Aboah's maternal great-grandfather was Anthony Lowther, Viscount Lowther. Aboah is a second cousin of Matilda Lowther. Her granduncle was James Lowther, 7th Earl of Lonsdale. Her father was born and raised in Ghana, and emigrated to England.
Both Aboah's parents are involved in the fashion industry, as a location scout and photography agent respectively. Her sister Kesewa Aboah is also a model. Educated at Millfield, Aboah later graduated from Brunel University in 2013, with a bachelor's degree in Modern Drama.
Aboah has modeled for Calvin Klein, Fendi, DKNY, Alexander Wang, Theory, H&M, Aldo, Versus (Versace), Topshop, Fenty x Puma, Kenzo, Simone Rocha, and Erdem among others.
Currently, she is on the list of top 50 female models by models.com. 
She was one of fifteen women selected to appear on the cover of the September 2019 issue of British Vogue, by guest editor Meghan, Duchess of Sussex. She is also a British Vogue contributing editor.
Aboah has suffered from depression and drug addiction and is now sober. She self-medicated with drugs from a young age due to depression. She attempted suicide by overdose in 2015, at a rehab centre in London, which resulted in a four-day coma before recovering in a psychiatric hospital.
- "Adwoa Aboah - Model".
- "Adwoa Caitlin Maria ABOAH - Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk.
- "Adwoa Aboah". www.findmypast.com. Retrieved 2019-03-15.
- Theodosi, Natalie (2017-11-07). "Adwoa Aboah Fronts Edward Enninful's First Issue of British Vogue". WWD. Retrieved 2017-11-17.
- "Girl Crush: Adwoa Aboah". Vogue.it (in Italian). 2016-04-12. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "get the first look at i-D's female gaze issue! | read | i-D". i-D. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Ashley Graham, Liu Wen, and More Vogue March 2017 Cover Models' Beauty Secrets". Vogue. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Model of the Year Awards 2017 - models.com MDX".
- "Woman with great literary mind". Cumberland and Westmorland Herald. 11 January 2003. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "Adwoa Aboah, Hailey Baldwin, Dilone And More... The Topshop Models Told Us What Their Names Mean To Them". Topshop. 18 September 2017.
- "MATILDA LOWTHER". 5eleven Magazine.
Industry wise I admire my cousin Adwoa Aboah for being a badass and speaking up about what she believes in.
- "Adwoa Aboah felt "emotional" returning to Ghana for new Burberry campaign - IOL Lifestyle".
- "Camilla Lowther | #BoF500 | The Business of Fashion". The Business of Fashion. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- Staff, WWD (2002-12-03). "Location, Location, Location". WWD. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Adwoa Aboah Is Changing What a Supermodel Looks Like—One Fashion Campaign at a Time".
- "Adwoa Aboah opens up about feeling unattractive, drug addiction and her new mental health project". Evening Standard.
- "The Cultish Backstage Product Behind Fendi's Cool Girl Hair". Vogue. Archived from the original on 2017-03-19. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- Chia, Jessica. "Alexander Wang Is Bringing Back the Ultimate Throwback Tee". Allure. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Adwoa Aboah has all her sisters with her | H&M CN". H&M. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Aldo F/W 2014 (Aldo Shoes)". MODELS.com. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- McCarthy, Lauren. "Lottie Moss, Lily Donaldson, Adwoa Aboah and More It Models Hit the Topshop Runway". W Magazine. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "A Look at Rihanna's Fenty for Puma Collection". The New York Times. 2016-09-28. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Kendall Jenner Calvin Klein Spring 2016 Campaign". Fashion Gone Rogue. 2016-01-27. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Adwoa Aboah (top) in the Roberto Cavalli Fall/Winter 2016-17 Advertising Campaign". Yahoo. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Terrific Tulle And The Return Of The Supers On Day 2 Of LFW". ELLE UK. 2017-02-19. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Simone Rocha Proves the Runway Has No Age Limit". Vogue. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- Bennett, Elizabeth. "Meet The Model Of The Moment: Adwoa Aboah". Grazia. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Adwoa Aboah Sues Modeling Agency Claiming She Wasn't Paid Nearly $190,000". Teen Vogue.
- "About". Gurls Talk. Archived from the original on 2017-03-09. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Adwoa Aboah Is the Fashion Activist Our Industry Needs". ELLE. 2017-01-04. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Why Model Adwoa Aboah Has Girls Talking". Vogue. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- Desta, Yohana. "Get a Moody First Look at Scarlett Johansson in Ghost in the Shell". HWD. Retrieved 2017-11-17.
- revlon (12 February 2018). "Look Picture Perfect with Revlon's PhotoReady Insta-Filter™ Foundation - Revlon" – via YouTube.
- Heaf, Jonathan. "Adwoa Aboah: 'We've broken the ice, now it's about continuing to speak up – loudly'".
- "Adwoa Aboah - Model". MODELS.com. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- "Meghan Markle puts Sinéad Burke on the cover of Vogue's September issue". The Irish Times. Retrieved 31 July 2019.
- "Adwoa Aboah Debuts Column in British Vogue's January 2018 Issue". Teen Vogue.
- Dazed (2016-04-27). "Model Adwoa Aboah discusses battle with depression and drugs". Dazed. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Vogue Cover Model Opens Up About Drug Addiction And Suicide Attempt". The Huffington Post. 2016-04-26. Retrieved 2017-03-19.