|Region of Turkey|
|• Total||93,139 km2 (35,961 sq mi)|
Located in western Turkey, it is bordered by the Aegean Sea, which gives the region its name, to the west, the Marmara Region to the north, the Central Anatolia Region to the east and Mediterranean Region to the south.
Among the four coastal regions, the Aegean Region has the longest coastline.
- Aegean Section (Turkish: Ege Bölümü)
- Inner Western Anatolia Section (Turkish: İç Batı Anadolu Bölümü)
- Aegean and Western Turkey sclerophyllous and mixed forests
- Anatolian conifer and deciduous mixed forests
- Southern Anatolian montane conifer and deciduous forests
Provinces that are entirely in the Aegean Region:
Provinces that are mostly in the Aegean Region:
Provinces that are partially in the Aegean Region:
|Climate chart (explanation)|
The climate of the Aegean Region has a Mediterranean climate at the coast, with hot, dry summers and mild to cool, wet winters and a semi-arid continental climate in the interior with hot, dry summers and cold, snowy winters.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Aegean Turkey.|
|This article about an Aegean Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|