Aegir Hosting System
|Operating system||Linux, BSD, macOS|
|Platform||LAMP (Apache) or LEMP (Nginx)|
|Type||Web hosting control panel|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Aegir is a free and open source Unix based web hosting control panel program that provides a graphical interface designed to simplify deploying and managing Drupal, Wordpress and CiviCRM Web sites. Aegir is built on a standard LAMP (Apache) or LEMP (Nginx) software stack, and Drush, a command line shell and Unix scripting interface for Drupal. It extends Drush with various provisioning functions, and provides a Drupal-based front-end control-panel.
In addition to the GUI, Aegir can be accessed via the command line or an API, which enables the automation of many website-related system administration processes. Being based on Drupal and Drush, Aegir is highly extensible, and several contributed modules exist to extend its functionality.
Adrian Rossouw, a long-time contributor to the Drupal project, helped develop the original Hostmaster system for deploying websites. Since then, Hostmaster has evolved into the Aegir system and contributed significantly to the command-line toolkit, Drush.
Aegir has started migrating away from Drush because of its plans to drop support for global installations. There is now a 4.x branch based on Symfony, which is also included in Drupal core. This is intended to be a medium-term solution until Aegir 5 (codenamed AegirNG), a complete rewrite for hosting any application, is ready.
- Ægir Coop
- Aegir Project: Committers for Provision
- "3.15.1 - Aegir Hosting System".
- "Hostmaster (Aegir)".
- "The Aegir Hosting System Open Source Project on Open Hub". Open Hub. 2017-06-01. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- LAMP (software bundle)#Variants
- "Drupal Voices 111: Miguel Jacq on the Aegir module". June 1, 2010. Archived from the original on 27 December 2010. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- "Aegir hosting system". Archived from the original on 21 November 2010. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- "Hosting Wordpress". Drupal.org. 2015-05-27. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "Contributed projects - Aegir Hosting System". docs.aegirproject.org. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "Aegir Hosting CiviCRM". October 13, 2016. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Install - Aegir Hosting System". docs.aegirproject.org. 2017-06-01. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "Drupal Voices 112: Antoine Beaupre on Drush". June 2, 2010. Archived from the original on 27 December 2010. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- "Drupal Voices 62: Adrian Rossouw on Aegir, Drush and the future of Drupal Distributions". October 15, 2009. Archived from the original on 27 December 2010. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- "Attempt Drupal 8.4.x support in Drush 8.x via the global Drush". May 31, 2017. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "[META] Move provision off of Drush". September 28, 2017. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Drupal (Projects using Symfony)". November 10, 2017. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "GitLab: Aegir / Aegir". November 10, 2017. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
|This Web-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|