Adrain & Edgecombe, 1995
Adrain & Edgecome, 1995
Aegrotocatellus is a genus of trilobite in the order Phacopida, which existed in what is now Nunavut, Canada. It was named by Adrain and Edgecombe in 1995, and the type species is Aegrotocatellus jaggeri, a species named after British musician Mick Jagger.
- Anomphalus jaggerius – snail named after Mick Jagger
- Jaggermeryx naida or Jagger’s water nymph, extinct species of semiaquatic anthracothere named after Jagger
- Perirehaedulus richardsi a species of prehistoric trilobite named after British musician Keith Richards
- List of animals named after celebrities
- P. A. Jell & J. M. Adrain (2002). "Available generic names for trilobites" (PDF). Memoirs of the Queensland Museum 48 (2): 331–553.
- "My true love gave to me … a bat species!". CBS News. December 9, 2008.
- Mark Isaak (November 29, 2009). "Etymology: Named after People". Curiosities of Biological Nomenclature.
|This Trilobite-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|