|Title(s)||The Winged Mother, Lady of Air and Wind, Queen of the Avariel, She of the Azure Plumage, Bringer of Rain and Storms|
|Home plane||Arborea and Ysgard|
|Alignment||Chaotic Good (CN tendencies)|
|Portfolio||Air, Weather, Avians|
|Domains||Air, Animal, Chaos, Good (also Elf and Storm in Forgotten Realms)|
Her symbol is a cloud with a bird silhouette.
Aerdrie Faenya was first detailed in Roger E. Moore's article "The Elven Point of View," in Dragon #60 (TSR, 1982). In Dragon #92 (December 1984), Gary Gygax indicated this as one of the deities legal for the Greyhawk setting. She also appeared in the original Unearthed Arcana (1985).
Aerdrie Faenya was detailed in the book Monster Mythology (1992), including details about her priesthood. Her role in the cosmology of the Planescape campaign setting was described in On Hallowed Ground (1996). She received a very detailed description for his role in the Forgotten Realms in Demihuman Deities (1998). She is described as one of the good deities that celestials can serve in the supplement Warriors of Heaven (1999).
Aerdrie appears to be a tall, elven woman with feathered hair and eyebrows. A pair of large bird-like wings, with feathers that constantly change color, sprout from her back. The lower half of her body vanishes into a misty whirlwind, so that she never appears to touch the ground.
In many campaign settings, the elven pantheon of gods (also known as the Seldarine) consists of the leader Corellon Larethian, as well as Aerdrie Faenya, Deep Sashelas, Erevan Ilesere, Fenmarel Mestarine, Hanali Celanil, Labelas Enoreth, Rillifane Rallathil, Sehanine Moonbow, and Solonor Thelandira. Other elven gods may be present in different campaign settings.
Aerdrie's realm, a floating palace called the Aerie, shifts across the border between Arborea and Ysgard; sometimes it is found in Arvandor and sometimes in Alfheim. Flying processions of eagles, falcons, and other flying creatures can fill the sky around her palace for hours, and when they find perches they can fill entire forests.
Though a member of the Seldarine, Aerdrie Faenya is also worshiped by ki-rin, lammasu, aarakocra, and avians. A small number of air genasi close to elven communities also take her as their deity. She is the primary patron of the avariel, or winged elves. Aerdrie particularly loves, and is loved by, the avariel, although many elves who wish for the prospect of good weather and gentle winds also worship the Winged Mother.
A few aarakocra revere Aerdrie Faenya, leading the goddess to have a great friendship with Syranita.
Aerdrie's clerics dress in sky-blue robes, wearing a single feather in their hair, and conduct worship services on open hilltops. Any bird can be her sacred animal.
Holy days and rituals
Aerdrie's holy days are on the spring and fall equinoxes, and sacrifices of beautiful feathers are made to her semi-annually.
- Running the Realms by Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubb, copyright 1993 TSR Inc.
- Moore, Roger E. "The Elven Point of View." Dragon #60 (TSR, April 1982)
- Gygax, Gary (December 1984). "From the Sorcerer's Scroll: Clerics live by other rules". Dragon (Lake Geneva WI: TSR) (92): 22.]
- Gygax, Gary. Unearthed Arcana (TSR, 1985)
- Sargent, Carl. Monster Mythology (TSR, 1992)
- McComb, Colin. On Hallowed Ground (TSR, 1996)
- Boyd, Eric L. Demihuman Deities (TSR, 1998)
- Perkins, Christopher. Warriors of Heaven (TSR, 1999)
- Boyd, Eric L, and Erik Mona. Faiths and Pantheons (Wizards of the Coast, 2002).
- Moore, Roger; Moore, Georgia (April 1982), The Gods of the Elves (PDF) (60), Dragon, p. 11
- Conforti, Steven, ed. Living Greyhawk Official Listing of Deities for Use in the Campaign, version 2.0. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2005. Available online: 
- Living Greyhawk Journal no. 3 - "Gods of Oerth"