Aerin Lauder Zinterhofer
Aerin Rebecca Lauder
April 23, 1970
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania|
|Occupation||Creative director, Estée Lauder Companies|
|Parent(s)||Jo Carole Knopf|
|Family||Estée Lauder (grandmother)|
Joseph Lauder (grandfather)
Jane Lauder (sister)
Family and education
Lauder is the daughter of Jo Carole Lauder (née Knopf) and Ronald Lauder. Her father served as U.S. Ambassador to Austria under President Ronald Reagan, and is the president of the World Jewish Congress. She is the granddaughter of Estée Lauder and Joseph Lauder, the cofounders of the cosmetics company Estée Lauder Companies. She has one sister, Jane Lauder Warsh.
Lauder graduated from University of Pennsylvania. She worked at the family company during and after college. She then studied at the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania.
Lauder is the style and image director for the Estée Lauder Companies and has her own cosmetic, perfume, fashion, and furniture line named AERIN. She also has a furniture and accessories collection.
In 1996, Lauder married Eric Zinterhofer in a Jewish ceremony in Wainscott, New York. Zinterhofer is an investment banker, the co-founder of the private equity firm Searchlight Capital Partners and the former co-head of media and telecommunications investing at Apollo Global Management. The couple lives in New York City and East Hampton, New York with their two sons. She also has a home in Aspen, Colorado.
Works and publications
- Lauder, Aerin, Christine Pittle, and Simon Upton. Beauty at Home. New York: Clarkson Potter, 2013. ISBN 978-0-770-43361-1 OCLC 866853447
- Smith, Clinton Ross, and Aerin Lauder. Veranda: The Romance of Flowers. 2015. Foreword by Lauder. ISBN 9781-6-183-7179-9 OCLC 903424582
- Lauder, Aerin. Aspen Style. New York: Assouline, 2017. ISBN 9781614286226
- Lauder, Aerin. Palm Beach. New York: Assouline, 2019. ISBN 9781614288626
- "Aerin Lauder Zinterhofer". forbes.com. Retrieved 28 September 2020.
- "Aerin R Lauder - United States Public Records". FamilySearch. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- Tell, Caroline (7 December 2012). "Aerin Lauder: The granddaughter of Estée Lauder and founder of her own lifestyle brand on beauty, basics and (not eating) breakfast". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "The Lauder Family: Aerin Lauder". Estée Lauder Companies. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- Lake, Eli (May 13, 2008). "Bush Visit May Boost Olmert". The New York Sun. Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- Jong, David de (15 November 2013). "Lauder Granddaughters Become Billionaires on Beauty Boom". Bloomberg Business News. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "Weddings: Aerin R. Lauder, Eric Zinterhofer". The New York Times. 2 June 1996. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- Kors, Michael (22 May 2013). "Michael Kors Interviews Aerin Lauder". Aspen Peak. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- Stewart Ward, Kristina (25 June 2009). "At Home with Stylesetter Aerin Lauder". Elle Decor. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- Goldfarb, Brad (31 July 2013). "Aerin Lauder's New Furniture and Accessories Collections". Architectural Digest. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "Aerin Lauder's Debut Home Collection". Architectural Digest. 28 April 2015. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- Saul, Josh (16 November 2013). "Lauder grandkids NY's newest billionaires". New York Post. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "The Forbes 400 2019". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-08-31.
- Parnass, Alexandra (1 June 2007). "Aerin Lauder's Closet Confidential". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "From the Archives: Aerin Lauder's Wainscott Home". Vogue. 1 July 2011. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- Mulligan, Kimberly (21 July 2013). "Aerin Lauder Invites Us Into Her Home; Dishes On Parenting & That Gorgeous New Lifestyle Brand". Elizabeth Street. Archived from the original on 30 September 2013. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "Mountain High: Aerin Lauder's Aspen Home". Vogue. 2 November 2011. Retrieved 3 January 2016.