AeroAndina MXP-150 Kimbaya
|Variants||AeroAndina MXP-158 Embera|
The MXP-150 is no longer in production.
Design and development
The aircraft was designed to comply with the US light-sport aircraft rules although it was never certified in that category. It features a strut-braced high-wing, a two-seats-in-side-by-side configuration enclosed cockpit, tricycle landing gear and a single engine in tractor configuration.
The aircraft is made from aluminum sheet. Its 10.0 m (32.8 ft) span wing is supported by V-struts and jury struts. Standard engines available were the 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912ULS four-stroke and a 125 hp (93 kW) Continental Motors, Inc. four-stroke powerplant.
Specifications (MXP-150 Kimbaya)
Data from Bayerl
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Wing area: 12.3 m2 (132 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 375 kg (827 lb)
- Gross weight: 600 kg (1,323 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 92 litres (20 imp gal; 24 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Continental Motors, Inc. four cylinder, air-cooled, four stroke, 93 kW (125 hp)
- Maximum speed: 210 km/h (130 mph; 113 kn)
- Cruise speed: 200 km/h (124 mph; 108 kn)
- Stall speed: 56 km/h (35 mph; 30 kn)
- Rate of climb: 6.2 m/s (1,220 ft/min)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 16. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- AeroAndina (n.d.). "Our Models". Archived from the original on 31 January 2012. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- Experimental Aircraft Association (2012). "EAA's Listing of Special Light-Sport Aircraft". Retrieved 17 April 2012.