|National origin||United States|
|Status||In production (2012)|
US$30,615 (RG model, kit only, 2011)
Design and development
The AeroCanard line of aircraft all feature a cantilever mid-wing, a canard tail, a four seat enclosed cabin and a single engine in pusher configuration. The tricycle landing gear features either fixed main wheels and a retractable nose wheel or fully retractable gear, depending on the model.
The aircraft is made from composites. Its 28.1 ft (8.6 m) span wing has an area of 102.3 sq ft (9.50 m2). The aircraft's recommended engine power range is 160 to 200 hp (119 to 149 kW) with the standard engine used the 200 hp (149 kW) Lycoming IO-360 four-stroke powerplant.
- AeroCanard FG
- Version with fixed main landing gear and retractable nose wheel. The estimated time to build this model is 1400 hours. Eighteen had been reported as completed and flown by the end of 2011.
- AeroCanard RG
- Version with fully retractable landing gear. The estimated time to build this model is 1700 hours. Three had been reported as completed and flown by the end of 2011.
- AeroCanard SB
- Version with fixed main landing gear, retractable nose wheel with a "smaller body" width at the front seats. The estimated time to build this model is 1500 hours. Two had been reported as completed and flown by the end of 2011.
- AeroCanard SX
- Version with fixed main landing gear and retractable nose wheel. The estimated time to build this model is 1400 hours. One had been reported as completed and flown by the end of 2011.
Specifications (AeroCanard RG)
Data from Kitplanes
- Crew: one
- Capacity: three passengers
- Length: 16.8 ft (5.1 m)
- Wingspan: 28.1 ft (8.6 m)
- Wing area: 102.3 sq ft (9.50 m2)
- Empty weight: 1,300 lb (590 kg)
- Gross weight: 2,150 lb (975 kg)
- Fuel capacity: 50 U.S. gallons (190 L; 42 imp gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Lycoming IO-360 four cylinder, air-cooled, fuel injected, four stroke aircraft engine, 200 hp (150 kW)
- Propellers: 3-bladed constant speed propeller
- Cruise speed: 210 mph (338 km/h; 182 kn)
- Stall speed: 78 mph (126 km/h; 68 kn)
- Range: 1,000 mi (869 nmi; 1,609 km)
- Rate of climb: 1,900 ft/min (9.7 m/s)
- Wing loading: 21.0 lb/sq ft (103 kg/m2)
- Vandermeullen, Richard: 2012 Kit Aircraft Buyer's Guide, Kitplanes, Volume 28, Number 12, December 2011, pages 37-38. Belvoir Publications. ISSN 0891-1851
- Purdy, Don: AeroCrafter - Homebuilt Aircraft Sourcebook, Fifth Edition, page 96. BAI Communications, 15 July 1998. ISBN 0-9636409-4-1
- Federal Aviation Administration (28 October 2012). "Make / Model Inquiry Results". Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- AeroCad (2012). "Aircraft Kits - Experimental". Retrieved 28 October 2012.