Aero Space Museum of Calgary
Aero Space Museum of Calgary, October 2011
|Location||4629 McCall Way NE, Calgary, Alberta|
|Public transit access||C-Train to Whitehorn Station then Bus 57|
The Aero Space Museum of Calgary is a museum in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The museum is located immediately south of the Calgary International Airport. Over 24 aircraft are on display, as well as 58 aeronautical engines. A section details the Canadian space programs. Archives containing documents about aeronautics are also located on the premises.
A central War memorial stone slab and four other memorial slabs were erected by the Aircrew Association (Southern Alberta Branch) and the Aerospace Museum Association of Calgary. The plaque name the commonwealth air forces who trained in Calgary as part of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan during the Second World War: Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF); Royal Air Force (RAF); Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF); Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF). A In front of the slabs, a gravel mural of a Canadian roundel was painted.
The Calgary Aerospace Museum erected a list of honour memorial dedicated to the Alberta Airmen who were killed in the Second World War.
- Avro Anson MK. II One wing is skinned in plexiglass to reveal the internal construction.
- Avro Lancaster Mk X FM136, Serial no. 31341
- Barkley-Grow Aircraft T8P-1 Serial no. 8 (CF-BQM) The Museum has 2 of the 3 remaining T8P-1s, the one of which, the Yukon Queen (CF-BLV), is on loan to the Alberta Aviation Museum in Edmonton, Alberta
- Beechcraft D18S Expeditor Mk.3NM, Serial no. Q/E 92-074 (CF-GXC)
- Avro Canada CF-100 Canuck Mk. IIIB, Serial no. 18126 This aircraft, the oldest surviving "Clunk", was converted to a Mk.IIID dual control trainer
- McDonnell CF-101 Voodoo
- Cessna Ag Wagon
- Douglas DC-3 This Aircraft was the first DC-3 Buffalo Airways ever owned
- North American F-86 Sabre originally a P-86A-1-NA (C/N 151-38433), was used as a chase plane at Edwards AFB
- North American Harvard Serial no. 20273
- Sopwith Triplane (replica built by Aero Space Museum volunteers)
- Auster Taylorcraft Auster Mk.VII
- Waco ECQ-6 Custom Cabin Series Serial no. 4479 (CF-AZM)
- de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter CF-PAT, Serial no. 2, second Twin Otter from the de Havilland Canada production line.
- de Havilland Vampire DH.100 F.3 Serial 17069
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2016)|
- Organization of Military Museums of Canada
- List of aerospace museums
- List of attractions and landmarks in Calgary
- Aerospace Museum. "Museum aircraft collection". Archived from the original on 2008-06-15. Retrieved 2008-09-15.
- World War II memorial
- Second World War memorial
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aero Space Museum of Calgary.|