|Founded||1976; 41 years ago|
|Hubs||Golosón International Airport Juan Manuel Galvez International|
|Company slogan||"Su Línea Aérea Amiga" (Your Friendly Airline)|
|Headquarters||La Ceiba, Honduras|
|Key people||Antonio Sosa (CEO), Frank Portillo (Manager)|
Aerolíneas Sosa is an airline based in La Ceiba, Honduras. It was established in 1976 and operates domestic and international scheduled services to 10 destinations from La Ceiba, as well as charter flights. Its main hub is Golosón International Airport, La Ceiba.
Aerolíneas Sosa operates services to the following scheduled domestic destinations (as of January 2010):
- Brus Laguna (BHG) – Brus Laguna Airport
- Guanaja (GJA) – Guanaja Airport
- Guatemala (GUA) – La Aurora International Airport
- La Ceiba (LCE) – Golosón International Airport
- Puerto Lempira (PEU) – Puerto Lempira Airport
- Roatán (RTB) – Juan Manuel Gálvez International Airport
- San Pedro Sula (SAP) – Ramón Villeda Morales International Airport
- Tegucigalpa (TGU) – Toncontín International Airport
- Útila (UII) – Útila Airport
The Aerolíneas Sosa fleet includes the following aircraft:
- 4 Let L-410 UVP
- 2 BAe Jetstream 31
- 1 Bombardier CRJ100ER (as of August 2016)
- 1 Saab 340B (as of August 2016)
- 1 Britten-Norman Islander
The airline previously operated the following aircraft:
- 1 further Saab 340
Incidents and accidents
On 7 March 1998, an engine on a Let L-410 UVP aircraft carrying two crew and 15 passengers failed shortly after takeoff from Golosón International Airport, forcing the crew to turn back to the airport. The wing struck a house, causing the Let to crash into a street. There were no fatalities, but the aircraft was written off.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-03-27. p. 49.
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2016): 15.
- Aviation Safety Network