Aeronautics Defense Dominator
|Manufacturer||Aeronautics Defense Systems|
The Aeronautics Defense Dominator Medium-Altitude Long-Endurance (MALE) Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) is manufactured by the Israeli company Aeronautics Defense Systems Ltd. It is based on the Austrian Diamond DA42 passenger aircraft. Dominator UAV executes intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) operations.
The aircraft made its first test flight in July 2009. The unmanned aircraft has an endurance of 28 hours with a 900 lb (410 kg) payload and flies at 75-190 knots (140–350 km/h) to a maximum altitude of 30,000 ft (9,100 m).
- Crew: None
- Length: 8.00 m (26 ft 3 in)
- Wingspan: 13.42 m (44 ft 0 in)
- Gross weight: 1,200 kg (2,640 lb)
- Powerplant: 2 × Thielert diesel engines, 101 kW (135 hp) each
- Maximum speed: 354 km/h (219 mph)
- Service ceiling: 9,100 m (30,000 ft)
- Joint Direct Attack Munition
- List of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
- Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle
- Aeronautics Defense Systems Ltd. Archived March 12, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Dominator II - an Unmanned DA-42 Performs First Flight". Defense Update. Retrieved 30 July 2009.
- Niles, Russ (August 2009). "DA42-Based UAV Tested". Retrieved 2009-08-13.
- "Aeronautics Defense Systems successfully tested unmanned Diamond DA42". Defense Professionals. July 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-13.
- Unmanned Dominator XP makes Mexican debut. 30 September 2015.
- Egozi, Arie (26 February 2014). "Mexico signs for unmanned Dominators". Flightglobal. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- Aeronautics planned second manned/unmanned conversion. Flightglobal. (13 October 2010)
|This article on an unmanned aerial vehicle is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|