Aeros UL-2000 Flamingo
|National origin||Czech Republic|
|Manufacturer||Aeros SRO (CZ)|
Design and development
The aircraft was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight rules. It features a cantilever high-wing, a two-seats-in-side-by-side configuration enclosed cockpit, tricycle landing gear and a single engine in tractor configuration.
The UL-2000 is made from composites and has a cabin width of 110 cm (43 in). Its 8.6 m (28.2 ft) span wing employs flaps. The controls are conventional, with push-rod controlled elevators, rudder and flaps. Standard engines available are the 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912ULS or Verner 1400S four-stroke engines and the 110 hp (82 kW) Hirth F30 and the 65 hp (48 kW) Hirth 2706 two-stroke powerplants.
Data from Bayerl
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Wingspan: 8.6 m (28 ft 3 in)
- Wing area: 10.5 m2 (113 sq ft)
- Gross weight: 450 kg (992 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 75 litres (16 imp gal; 20 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912ULS four cylinder, liquid and air-cooled, four stroke, 75 kW (101 hp)
- Maximum speed: 240 km/h (149 mph; 130 kn)
- Cruise speed: 180 km/h (112 mph; 97 kn)
- Stall speed: 62 km/h (39 mph; 33 kn)
- Rate of climb: 6.5 m/s (1,280 ft/min)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 22. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Jane's Information Group (9 August 2007). "Aeros UL-2000 Flamingo (Czech Republic), Aircraft - Fixed-wing - Civil". Retrieved 23 April 2012.
- Tacke, Willi; Marino Boric; et al: World Directory of Light Aviation 2015-16, page 20. Flying Pages Europe SARL, 2015. ISSN 1368-485X