|Traded as||BVB: ARS|
Since its establishment in 1953, the company's name has changed in turn from U.R.A. to I.R.Av, I.Av. and finally Aerostar. It has been a subsidiary of the Ministry of Armed Forces, Air Defence Headquarters, General Industrial Direction of the Army, the Ministry of Machine Building Industry as part of the Central Department for Fine Mechanics and Aeronautical Industry, of Bucharest Aeronautical Group or of the National Centre of the Romanian Aeronautical industry.
Aerostar has provided repair and maintenance services for all aircraft types used by the Romanian military. The company also developed the IAR-93 twin-engine, tactical ground-attack and reconnaissance aircraft, the first fighter aircraft built in Romania after World War II. Upgrade programs for the MiG-21 (MiG-21 LanceR) and MiG-29 were developed by Aerostar in cooperation with Elbit Systems.
Aerostar upgraded the Romanian Air Force's MiG-21 LanceR aircraft. This program included the development of upgrade programs for the MiG-21, and MiG-21 bis and also the MiG-29 SNIPER upgrade demonstrator program. A modernization program was also carried out on the Iak-52W and Iak-52TW trainers. The LAROM modernization program upgraded the 40 APRA 122 FMC multiple rocket launchers belonging to the army.
- Jubileul[permanent dead link] (Romanian)
- Textron Marine & Land Systems and Aerostar Announce Teaming Agreement
- MiG-21 - Romanian Lancer Upgrade Aerostar/Elbit
- Romania's Aerostar Teams With Elbit On MiG-29 "Sniper" Avionics Upgrade
- LAROM Multiple launch rocket system
- About Festival Archived July 4, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Elbit lands Romanian C-130 upgrade
- Aerostar has talks with Elbit and Thomson-CSF
- General Information Archived July 22, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- ROMANIA - AEROSTAR ADVANCES
- Aerostar looks ahead with three-point strategy
- Bertrand, Noel; Rene Coulon; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2003-04, page 81. Pagefast Ltd, Lancaster UK, 2003. ISSN 1368-485X
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aerostar aircraft.|