Jump to navigation Jump to search
Aether, æther or ether may refer to:
|Look up aether or ether in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Metaphysics and mythology
- Aether (classical element), the material supposed to fill the region of the universe above the terrestrial sphere
- Aether (mythology), the personification of the "upper sky", space and heaven, in Greek mythology
Science and engineering
- Aether theories in alchemy, natural philosophy, and early modern physics that suppose a "fifth element"
- Luminiferous aether, in late nineteenth century physics considered to be the medium through which light propagates
- Ether, a class of chemical compounds, or specifically:
- Diethyl ether, which has the common name "ether"
- Ether (cryptocurrency), created as part of the distributed computing platform Ethereum
- AETHER, an atmospheric radiative transfer algorithm
Arts and media
- Aether (video game), a 2008 puzzle game
- Aether, a fictional planet, main setting for the 2004 video game Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
- Aether, a gatherable object in Aion
- Aether, a realm in Call of Duty: Zombies
- Aether (previously Æther), a type of energy in Multiverse (Magic: The Gathering)
- Ether (band), Welsh rock band (1996–1999)
- Ether, US-based Australian rock group better known as Memento, disbanded 2007
- Æther Shanties, a 2009 album by Seattle Steampunk band Abney Park
- Aether (album),a 2001 album by Australian jazz trio The Necks
- Ether (Babble album), 1996
- Ether (B.o.B album), 2017
- Ether (Fischer-Z album), 2008
- "Ether", a 2001 song by American rapper Nas
- Aether, a weapon and plot device in the film Thor: The Dark World
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Aether.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.