||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Aether Records grew out of the OR Records label which was founded in Indianapolis in 1993 by two local collectors (Jade Hubertz and Stan Denski joined by a third partner, Rick Wilkerson, the following year) who reissued the 1977 album “Into You” by the Indianapolis band, McKay in an edition of 300 vinyl copies in 1993.
A total of fourteen 12-inch records, one 10-inch record, one 7-inch record and 3 CDs were released on the OR Records label:
- McKay “Into You”
- Rayne - Same
- McKay “Into You Take Two”
- Smokin’ Willie - Same
- Locksley Hall - Same
- Wildfire “Smokine’”
- Fairfield Sky - Same
- Dawnwind “Looking Back on the Future”
- Anonymous “Inside the Shadow”
- J Rider “No Longer Anonymous”
- Many Bright Things – Same (box set edition of 300 copies)
- Windopane “See?” (LP & CD)
- Windopane “Lucky Catatonia” (LP & CD)
- George Brigman & Split “I Can Hear the Ants Dance”1
- Creamy – Same
- Problematics “Blown Out” (10-inch)
- Chrome Hudson “Downtown Beirut”/”Nothin’” (7 inch single)
- McKay “IntoYou” (CD plus bonus)
Ten LPs and six CDs were released on the Aether (and Aether Archives) label:
- The Aether Records Box2
- Tombstone Vallentine "Hidden World"
- Many Bright Things “Birds Of Impossible Color”3
- In The Summer Of The Mushroom Honey - Same
- Kaminamata Yohji “Katana”
- Mushroom - Same
- Vas Deferens Organization "Saturation"
- Vas Deferens Organization "Zyzzybaloubab" (double LP pressed at 45 rpm)
- Mazinga Phaser “Cruising in the Neon Glories of the New American Night”
- The Aether Limited Vinyl Series Box 4 (4 LPs)
- The Aether Records Sampler: "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Aether."
- Tombstone Valentine “Hidden World” (CD mix)
- Anonymous/J Rider (2 LPs on 1 CD)
- Various Artists: "Pull Up the Paisley Covers"
- In The Summer of the Mushroom Honey (expanded CD)
- There were 2 versions of the George Brigman LP issued simultaneously. One regular edition of 1000 copies and a limited edition of 375 numbered copies in a paste-on sleeve and hand drawn labels.
- Promotional box set, 3 colored vinyl pressings of Tombstone Valentine, Vas Deferens Organization “Saturation” and Mazinga Phaser “Cruising in the Neon Glories of the New American Night.” 200 copies made.
- The Aether Limited Vinyl Series was a series of 4 albums, each released in pressings of 475 copies and each in a top-loading textured red heavy cardboard sleeve. The albums were Many Bright Things “Birds Of Impossible Color”; In The Summer Of The Mushroom Honey; Kaminamata Yohji “Katana”; Mushroom – Same.
- Issued after the close of the label, a numbered edition of only 18 copies of a four LP box set containing each of the four albums in the Aether Limited Vinyl Series.