Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Aethiops, Ethiop, or Ethiope in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The terms Aethiops, Ethiop, or Ethiope are archaic words for a dark-skinned person, often from Ethiopia. They may also refer to:
- People of Ethiopia
- Black people in Ancient Roman history
- Aethiopia, an ancient term for parts of Africa
- A son of the Greek god Hephaestus from whom, according to Pliny the Elder (Nat Hist. 6.184-187), Aethiopia derived its name
- "Zeus Aethiops", an epithet of the Greek god Zeus
- Washing the Ethiopian white, a fable by Aesop
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Aethiops.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.