Aetna Township, Missaukee County, Michigan
|Aetna Township, Michigan|
|• Total||35.9 sq mi (92.9 km2)|
|• Land||35.9 sq mi (92.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,250 ft (381 m)|
|• Density||13.7/sq mi (5.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||49632 (Falmouth),
49651 (Lake City)
|GNIS feature ID||1625806|
- Dinca is a small unincorporated community in the township at near the junction of E. Lotan and S. 8 Mile Roads. A rural post office operated from October 20, 1906, until May 31, 1914. 
- Barger   was a rural post office in the township, named for farmer Martin S. Barger, that operated from April 5, 1902, until April 29, 1905.
- Mynnings   was a post office and lumber settlement named for lumberman Christen F. Mynning. The post office operated from January 15, 1900, until December 31, 1907.
- The city of Lake City is to the east, and the Lake City post office with ZIP code 49651 also serves the northern portion of Aetna Township.
- The community of Falmouth is to the south, and the Falmouth post office with ZIP code 49632 also serves the southern portion of Aetna Township.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 35.9 square miles (92.9 km²), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 491 people, 166 households, and 125 families residing in the township. The population density was 13.7 per square mile (5.3/km²). There were 292 housing units at an average density of 8.1 per square mile (3.1/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 97.76% White, 0.20% African American, 0.41% Native American, 0.20% Asian, 0.61% from other races, and 0.81% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.81% of the population.
There were 166 households out of which 41.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 65.7% were married couples living together, 7.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.1% were non-families. 21.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.96 and the average family size was 3.50.
In the township the population was spread out with 31.2% under the age of 18, 6.7% from 18 to 24, 26.9% from 25 to 44, 22.0% from 45 to 64, and 13.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females, there were 103.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 107.4 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $36,964, and the median income for a family was $41,406. Males had a median income of $30,000 versus $21,875 for females. The per capita income for the township was $15,530. About 4.1% of families and 5.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.9% of those under age 18 and 8.3% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Aetna Township, Missaukee County, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Dinca, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Dinca Post Office (historical)
- Romig, Walter (1986) . Michigan Place Names. Detroit, Michigan: Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-1838-X.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Barger Post Office (historical)
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Mynnings Post Office (historical)
- 49651 5-Digit ZCTA, 496 3-Digit ZCTA - Reference Map - American FactFinder[permanent dead link], U.S. Census Bureau, 2000 census
- 49632 5-Digit ZCTA, 496 3-Digit ZCTA - Reference Map - American FactFinder[permanent dead link], U.S. Census Bureau, 2000 census