|• Municipal unit||94.85 km2 (36.62 sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||1,915|
|• Municipal unit density||20/km2 (52/sq mi)|
|• Population||360 (2011)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Aetos (Greek: Αετός meaning "eagle") is a village and a former municipality in Messenia, Peloponnese, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Trifylia, of which it is a municipal unit. The municipal unit has an area of 94.850 km2. In 2011 its population was 360 for the village and 1,915 for the municipal unit. The seat of the former municipality was in Kopanaki.
The municipal unit Aetos is subdivided into the following communities (constituent villages in brackets):
- Agrilia Trifylia (Nea Agrilia)
- Kefalovrysi (Kefalovrysi, Tsertsaiika)
- Kopanaki (Kopanaki, Agios Dimitrios, Rizochori)
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece.
|This Peloponnese location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|