|• Municipal unit||3,264|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Aetos (Greek: Αετός meaning "eagle") is a village and a former municipality in Messenia, Peloponnese, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Trifylia, of which it is a municipal unit. In 2001 its population was 595 for the village and 3,264 for the municipality. The seat of the municipality was in Kopanaki.
The municipal unit Aetos is subdivided into the following communities (constituent villages in brackets):
- Agrilia Trifylia (Nea Agrilia)
- Kefalovrysi (Kefalovrysi, Tsertsaiika)
- Kopanaki (Kopanaki, Agios Dimitrios, Rizochori)
- De Facto Population of Greece Population and Housing Census of March 18th, 2001 (PDF 39 MB). National Statistical Service of Greece. 2003.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)
|This Peloponnese location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|