This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||North Saint Paul, Minnesota|
Aetrium Inc. (NASDAQ: ATRM) is a global company developing, manufacturing and supplying electromechanical and electro thermal equipment for semiconductor manufacturers in United States, United Kingdom, Germany, China, South Korea, Singapore, etc. The company was founded in 1982 and is headquartered in North Saint Paul, Minnesota. The company was awarded Supplier Certificate Award from Microchip Technology as "recognition for outstanding performance in quality, reliability and service for 1995" in the industry. In 2013, the company was ranked in the list of Top 100 Minnesota companies by Star Tribune Business.
The company was founded in 1982 in North Saint Paul, Minnesota with its original name Automated Electronic Technology Inc. (AET). It developed and made the first surface mount gravity test handler in the industry in the following year. The company was renamed Aetrium in 1986. In 1993, the company completed its IPO on NASDAQ.
The Company operates two equipment product lines, including Test Handler Products and Reliability Test Equipment. Test Handler products line provides technologies to support the automated production of integrated circuit (ICs) for manufacturers. Reliability Test Equipment line offers structural performance data for integrated circuit producers in the production process to improve the product reliability. The focus of the company’s products is on high volume ICs, IC package designs and IC using advanced geometry designs, which can be used in manufacturing testing. In detail, the company provides products such as gravity feed test handler, automated handling technologies and change kits. In November, 2013, the company introduced its new product, multiple Vmax test handler, which brought about an order valued at $2.1 million.
In 2013, Cascade Microtech bought the company's test products business.
- "ST. PAUL COMPANY RECEIVES INDUSTRY AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE". Thefreelibrary.com. 1996-02-27. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- "Star Tribune 100: Top Minnesota companies ranked". Startribune.com. 2013-05-18. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- "Company History". Archived from the original on 2012-07-30. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- "Aetrium, Inc.: reuters.com". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- "ATRM Stock Quote - Aetrium Inc. Stock Price - MarketWatch". Marketwatch. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- "Aetrium, Inc.: NYSE:ATRM quotes & news - Google Finance". Google.com. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- "Aetrium Reports Orders for Multiple Units of VMAX IC Handlers". Globenewswire.com. 2013-11-21. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- "Cascade Microtech Acquires Aetrium's Reliability Test Products Business" (Press release). 2014-08-01. Retrieved 2016-05-21.