Affiliated New Thought Network
|Part of a series of articles on|
The Affiliated New Thought Network, or ANTN, based in Pacific Grove, California, is an organization of New Thought centers across the United States that was founded in 1992. Recognized as a cooperative fellowship, it is an intrafaith organization. Originally for independent Religious Science ministers, today it includes all forms of New Thought organizations and individuals who want to be affiliated.
The organization has a president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer, educational liaison, and general member. Each member of a local center is allowed to vote within the organization, as long as they uphold New Thought ideals and beliefs.
Emerson Theological Institute
The Emerson Theological Institute is operated by the ANTN to provide Religious Studies degrees including bachelors, masters, and doctorates, and certificates for ministers. The Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission International for Schools, Colleges and Theological Seminaries. Barbara Marx Hubbard developed her popular "Gateway for Conscious Evolution" while creating a curriculum for the Institute.
- Melton, J.G. (2003) Encyclopedia of American religions. Gale. p 731.
- "About ANTN" Archived January 11, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, Affiliated New Thought Network. Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- Nichols, L.A., Mather, G., Schmidt, A.J. (2010) Encyclopedic Dictionary of Cults, Sects, and World Religions: Revised and Updated Edition. p.
- Simmons, G. "Creating Thriving, Coherent New Thought Churches: An Integral Approach", Journal of Integral Theory and Practice. Vol. 4, No. 2. p 117.
- Schroeder, M.E. (2002) Engaging Grace: How to Use the Power of Co-Creation in Daily Life. iUniverse. p 112.
- Northup, L. (ed) (2000) Religious documents North America annual. Academic International Press. p. 207
- Walsch, N.D. (2011) The Mother of Invention: The Legacy of Barbara Marx Hubbard and the Future of YOU. Hay House. p. 123
- ANTN official website.