This article has multiple issues. Please help to improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Rich Peluso (Executive Vice President)|
Tana Evans (Senior Vice President of Marketing and Distribution)
Josh Nadler (Director of Development)
Number of employees
|Parent||Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions|
|Footnotes / references|
Affirm Films is a film studio and label of Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions, which produces, markets, and acquires faith-based films. The studio's highest-grossing faith-based dramas are Heaven is for Real, Miracles from Heaven and War Room. Its films having collectively grossed over $550 million in worldwide box office receipts, and its total overall revenue surpassing $2 billion, it is the most successful Christian film studio of all time.
Following is a list of films produced and distributed by Affirm Films.
|The Grace Card||$200,000||$2.4 million||2011|
|Soul Surfer||$18 million||$47.1 million|
|Courageous||$2 million||$35.2 million|
|The Remaining||n/a||$2.3 million||2014|
|Moms' Night Out||$5 million||$10.5 million|
|When the Game Stands Tall||$15 million||$30.1 million|
|War Room||$3 million||$74 million||2015|
|Risen||$20 million||$46.3 million||2016|
|Miracles from Heaven||$13 million||$73.8 million|
|All Saints||$2 million||$5.9 million||2017|
|The Star||$20 million||$62.8 million|
|Paul, Apostle of Christ||$5 million||$25.5 million||2018|
|Overcomer||$5 million||$37.9 million||2019|
|Show Me the Father||TBA||n/a||2021|
|TOTALS||$120.7 million||$588.6 million||n/a|
Affirm has an Internet video on demand service simply named Pure Flix (stylized as PURE FLIX), which was acquired from the studio of the same name (now Pinnacle Peak Pictures) in 2020. The company was founded by David A. R. White, replacing the streaming platform "I Am Flix". It specializes in Christian streaming media and video-on-demand online.
- Patrick Hipes (November 7, 2016). "Sony Affirms Success Of Faith-Based Affirm Label With Promotions". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Mission Statement | Affirm Films". Sonypictures.com. Archived from the original on 2011-08-10. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- "Industry Q&A: Rich Peluso: Executive VP, AFFIRM Films". Gospel Music Association. February 7, 2018. Retrieved December 20, 2019.
- Nellie Andreeva (December 4, 2019). "Sony's Faith-Based Affirm Films Launches TV Division Headed By Marybeth Sprows". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Affirm Films Production Company Box Office History - The Numbers". The Numbers. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "About - Affirm Films - A Sony Company". Affirm Films. Retrieved December 12, 2019.
- Rosman, Katherine (2017-04-08). "Forget Netflix and Chill. Try Pure Flix and Pray". The New York Times. Retrieved 2017-08-19.
- Law, Jeannie (June 4, 2015). "'God's Not Dead' Creators Launch Video on Demand Service for Families; Offers Unlimited Access to Pure Flix Faith Based Films [SEE HERE] | Jeannie Law". breathecast.com/. Retrieved August 8, 2017.