Afghanistan Pakistan People's Friendship Association
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Afghanistan Pakistan People's Friendship Association is a non-governmental organization group which operates in Pakistan and Afghanistan. These two nations neighbor each other and have had at times turbulent relationships. The aims of the association are to promote various issues such as refugees, free trade zones, education, landmines, and poverty, as well as challenging government policies.  The organisation organises various conferences, including collaborative efforts with the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan.
In June 2003 the association, along with the human rights commission of Pakistan, organised a conference in the city of Karachi to discuss the situation of Afghan refugees. The conference criticised various government policies including military action in the Mohmand Agency which borders Afghanistan. The conference claimed that such actions were an impediment to the normalisation of relations between the two countries. The association has also urged both countries to release each other's citizens in jail for petty offences as well as urging Pakistan to relax visa restrictions for Afghans.
- Afghanistan and Pakistan - navy.mil Archived March 24, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Conference: Sustainable Repatriation of Afghan refugees-Chitral Archived February 19, 2005, at the Wayback Machine.
- Challenges for Pakistani Democracy: Resisting Religious Extremism Archived June 9, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- PESHAWAR: Check on anti-Karzai groups demanded - Dawn Pakistan
- Conference calls for more help for Afghan refugees - Human Rights Commission of Pakistan Archived April 29, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Ahmad (2003-09-29). "Conference: Sustainable Repatriation of Afghan refugees-Chitral". APDA. Archived from the original on 2005-02-19. Retrieved 2008-05-31.
- KARACHI: Resolution of Afghan DPs issue demanded
- Pakistan - SMC
|This article about an organization in Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|