Afghans in Sweden
|Regions with significant populations|
|Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö|
|Languages of Afghanistan, Swedish|
As of 2016[update], 39% of the Afghanistan-born individuals aged 25 to 64 have attained a primary and lower secondary education level (33% men, 45% women), 30% have attained an upper secondary education level (34% men, 25% women), 11% have attained a post-secondary education level of less than 3 years (13% men, 9% women), 13% have attained a post-secondary education of 3 years or more (16% men, 11% women), and 7% have attained an unknown education level (4% men, 9% women).
According to Statistics Sweden, as of 2014, Afghanistan-born immigrants aged 25-64 in Sweden have an employment rate of approximately 40%.
As of 2014[update], according to the Institute of Labor Economics, Aghanistan-born residents in Sweden have an employment population ratio of about 22%. They have an unemployment rate of approximately 17%.
- Demographics of Afghanistan
- Education in Afghanistan
- Education in Sweden
- Islam in Sweden
- Afghan diaspora
- "Foreign-born persons by country of birth, age, sex and year". Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "Foreign citizens by country of citizenship, sex and year". Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "The population 2016 by level of education, country of birth and sex. Age 25-64". Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "Befolkningens utbildning och sysselsättning 2014 - Educational attainment and employment of the population 2014" (PDF). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "Mapping Diasporas in the European Union and the United States - Comparative analysis and recommendations for engagement" (PDF). Institute of Labor Economics. Retrieved 21 November 2017. - cf. Appendix 4: Diaspora characteristics - labour force indicators by sending countries