AfrAsia Bank Limited
10 Dr. Ferriere Street
Port Louis, Mauritius
|Lim Sit Chen Lam Pak Ng
Chief Executive Officer
|Products||Corporate and Investment Banking, Private Banking and Wealth Management, International Banking, Treasury|
|Revenue||Aftertax:US$1.8 billion (MUR:640 million) (2016)|
|US$ 570 million (MUR 1.96 billion) (2015)|
|Total assets||US$2.6 billion (MUR:88 billion) (2016)|
Number of employees
|Website||AfrAsia Bank Limitied|
AfrAsia Bank Limited, commonly known as AfrAsia Bank, is a Private and Corporate Bank in Mauritius. It is one of the commercial banks licensed by the Bank of Mauritius, the country's central bank and the nation's banking regulator.
AfrAsia Bank is a large financial services provider in Mauritius and in the adjacent continental sub-regions of Southern, Central and Eastern Africa. As of June 2016[update], the total asset valuation of the bank was approximately US$2.6 billion (MUR:88 billion).
The bank was founded in 2007, in Mauritius. Today the Bank has subsidiaries in Mauritius, with representative offices in Cape Town and Johannesburg. Besides providing Private Banking & Personal Banking the bank focuses on Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Business Solutions and Treasury. The corporate philosophy is to be the reference point for Corporate and Investment Banking, Private Banking and Global Business Solutions linking Mauritius and the Africa-Asia trade corridor... and beyond
The bank is organized into four major administrative divisions:
- Corporate and Investment Banking
- Private Banking and Wealth Management
- International Banking Solutions
- Treasury Services
As of June 2016[update], AfrAsia Bank Limited maintains the following subsidiaries and agencies:
- AfrAsia Capital Management - Port Louis, Mauritius - 100% shareholding
- AfrAsia Cape Town Office - Cape Town, South Africa - Representative Office
- AfrAsia Johannesburg Office - Johannesburg, South Africa - Representative Office
|AfrAsia Bank Stock Ownership|
The bank maintains its headquarters and main branch at Mauritius International Financial Centre, Bowen Square, 10 Dr. Ferriere Street, in Port Louis, the capital and largest city in Mauritius. Also the Bank has its branch at NeXTeracom, Ebene. It also maintains a representative office in each of their South African cities; namely Cape Town, and Johannesburg.
The bank is governed by a eleven-person Board of Directors. The Chairman of the board is Lim Sit Chen Lam Pak Ng, one of the non-Executive directors. Sanjiv Bhasin serves as the Chief Executive Officer.
- List of Licensed Commercial Banks In Mauritius Archived 2013-05-08 at the Wayback Machine.
- Condensed Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 30 June 2016
- afrasiabank.com. "Our Profile - AfrAsia Bank | Corporate & Investment Banking | Private Banking & Wealth Management | International Banking | Treasury". www.afrasiabank.com. Retrieved 2017-08-23.
- afrasiabank.com. "Our Shareholders - AfrAsia Bank | Corporate & Investment Banking | Private Banking & Wealth Management | International Banking | Treasury". www.afrasiabank.com. Retrieved 2017-08-23.
- afrasiabank.com. "Board of Directors - AfrAsia Bank | Corporate & Investment Banking | Private Banking & Wealth Management | International Banking | Treasury". www.afrasiabank.com. Retrieved 2017-08-23.