|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)|
|Christianity, Islam, Traditional, Others|
|Related ethnic groups|
|African American • African people|
|African American topics|
African African-American refers to individuals of mixed direct African and African-American parentage, irrespective of the racial origins of their indigenous or aboriginal African parent. They may be American nationals or have multiple nationalities, depending on where they were born and the specific embassy policies.
Notable African African-Americans
- Tiffany Haddish - Comedienne - born to an Eritrean father and African-American mother
- Yaphet Kotto - Actor - born to a Cameroonian father and an African-American mother
- Nnegest Likké - Film Director - born to an Ethiopian father and African-American mother
- Nana Meriwether - Miss Maryland USA 2012 - born to a South African mother and African-American Delano Meriwether
- Qwanell Mosley - Singer - born to parents of Eritrean and African-American descent
- Gabourey Sidibe - Actress - born to a Senegalese father and African-American mother Alice Tan Ridley
- Ella Thomas - Actress/Model - born to an African-American father and Eritrean mother
- Tyler, The Creator - Rapper - born to a Nigerian father and African-American mother
- Kehinde Wiley - Artist -also born to a Nigerian father and African-American mother
- Tabi Bonney - Rapper - born to a Togolese father and African-American mother
- Philippe Wamba - Author - born to a Congolese father Ernest Wamba dia Wamba and African-American mother
- McMurtrie, John (2006-04-13), "Nnegest Likke - "Phat Girlz" writer - hits it big!", San Francisco Chronicle, retrieved 2008-12-26
- "Soweto-linked woman eyes Miss USA title". South African Time. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
The high-achieving young woman has a Soweto-born mother and an American father.
- "About Nana". Miss USA, Inc. Archived from the original on 2 March 2012. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
Her father was the first African American to be admitted and graduate from Duke University.
- Williams, Kam (November 10, 2009). "Gabby Sidibe "Precious" Interview with Kam Williams". NewsBlaze. Retrieved November 10, 2009.
- * Clark, Msia Kibona. (2012). Identity formation and integration among bicultural immigrant Blacks. In J. A. Arthur, J. Takougang and T. Owusu (Eds.), In Search of Promised Lands: Africans in Global Migration (pp. 45 - 66). Lanham, MD: Lexington Press.: study on children of African and African American parentage.
- * Wamba, Phillipe E. (1999). Kinship: A Family's Journey in Africa and America. Dutton/Penguin Press.: a memoir of Wamba's life.