African Bible University (Uganda)
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. O. Palmer Robertson|
Wakiso District, Uganda
The campus of African Bible University in Uganda sits on 30 acres (0.12 km2) on Lubowa Hill, approximately 12 kilometres (7.5 mi), by road, south of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The location is about 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) east of the Kampala-Entebbe Road. The coordinates of the university campus are:0°14'26.0"N, 32°33'53.0"E (Latitude:0.240556; Longitude:32.564722).
African Bible University (Uganda) was founded in 2005 by African Bible Colleges to "offer quality education from a Christian perspective to the surrounding countries of Sudan, South Sudan, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Kenya and Ethiopia". The university spreads across 30 acres (12 ha), on a hilltop that overlooks Lake Victoria.
The university is the third tertiary education Christian institution established in Africa over the past several decades. The first African Bible College was established in Liberia, West Africa in 1975. The second Bible college on the African continent was established in Malawi, Central Africa in 1991. All three institutions are recognized by the governments of their respective countries as accredited, university-level, degree-granting institutions.
The college offers a four-year program which is designed to award its graduates a Bachelor of Arts degree in biblical studies, which is paired with a minor in business, communications, or Christian education.
- Uganda National Council for Higher Education (UNCHE) (2015). "Uganda National Council for Higher Education: Private Universities - African Bible University". Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- ABC, . "Dr. O. Palmer Robertson: Vice Chancellor - African Bible University, Uganda". African Bible Colleges (ABC). Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- ABC, . "Dr. JW Chinchen". African Bible Colleges (ABC). Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Lubowa With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- Google, . "Location of the Campus of African Bible University of Uganda At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- ABUO, . (2015). "About African Bible University". African Bible Universities Organization (ABUO). Archived from the original on 2011-11-30. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- Academic Programs at ABC Archived March 7, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.