||This article may contain improper references to self-published sources. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Africa and Middle East|
(Founder and CEO)
|Services||Press release wire distribution and media relations in Africa and the Middle East|
Number of employees
APO (formerly known as African Press Organization) is a press release wire distribution service and media relations company based in Switzerland. It offers press release distribution and monitoring, online press conference, webcast, op-ed placement, events promotion, online reputation and media monitoring. Its headquarters is in Dakar, with offices in Senegal, Dubai, Hong Kong, India and Seychelles.
The company owns and manages Africa Wire and MENA Wire, press release distribution services focusing on Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2007, APO is the sole press release wire in Africa.
APO has content partnerships with Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, LexisNexis, Dow Jones Factiva, Proquest, Acquire Media, Comtex, and 50 other African websites. APO also provides a feed of Africa-related news releases to 250 million mobile subscribers in 30 countries in Africa.
APO manages Africa-Newsroom.com, a source of press releases and multi-media files related to Africa, publishing press releases, videos, photos, documents and audio-files for clients including Fortune 1000 companies, PR agencies, government and international institutions, including the United Nations, the European Commission, the International Criminal Court, and the African Development Bank Group.
APO' clients include the following companies, institutions and organizations.
- Uber (company)
- Weber Shandwick
- Hill & Knowlton
- Nigerian Export-Import Bank,
- South Africa,
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Oracle Corporation
- Western Union
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Orange (telecommunications)
- Bharti Airtel
- International Criminal Court
- Malaria No More
- DHL Express,
- Rotary International
- GAVI Alliance
- Merck KGaA
- Janssen Pharmaceutica
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS
- African Development Bank
- Ernst & Young
- Food and Agriculture Organization
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation
- World Bank
- "Contact - APO, press release distribution & media relations in Africa & Middle East". www.apo-opa.com. Retrieved 2017-01-11.
- Media Relations - Virtual press conferencing - The African Press Organization signs up the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) for virtual press conferencing Development innovations and networks
- APO moves HQ to Senegal
- APO opens offices in India bizcommunity.com
- Continent's only press release wire service, African Press Organization PR Week - May 10, 2013
- From 1 January 2013, the African Press Organisation (APO) becomes the sole pan-African press release wire, as it terminates its partnership with PR Newswire Bizcommunity - 11 Oct 2012
- "Africa Wire to reach Bloomberg". bizcommunity.com.
- African Press Organization signs distribution pact with Dow Jones Factiva Archived April 7, 2014, at the Wayback Machine. African Manager
- "SEO - Analyse - Brukeroptimalisering - Findability AS". pressemeldinger.no.
- (Press Release) APO Announces Strategic Partnership With IMImobile to Provide an Exclusive Feed of Africa-Related News Releases Across Africa GlobeNewswire NASDAQ OMX Group - April 24, 2014
- APO Enhances Press Release Distribution Service Offerings via NASDAQ OMX's GlobeNewswire NASDAQ OMX's GlobeNewswire
- APO Enhances Press Release Distribution Service Offerings via CSRwire CSRwire
- "AGENCE DE PRESSE AFRICAINE". apanews.net.
- African Development Bank renews agreement with APO Bizcommunity - 17 Jan 2013
- "APO (African Press Organization), Press Release Distribution in Africa, Public Relations Africa, Media Relations Africa". apo-opa.org.
- Uber Sub-Saharan Africa chooses APO for African press release distribution and monitoring Media Update
- Jumia Gets APO to Voice its Activities in Africa Thomson Reuters Zawya
- Jumia gets APO to voice its activities in Africa The Marketing Site
- Ecobank Chooses APO for Press Release Distribution in Africa Nigeria CommunicationsWeek
- A press release distributed widely by African Press Organization (APO) on behalf of Ecobank (...) Ghana Web
- APO reinforces Nigerian presence by signing a renewal contract with NEXIM Archived January 27, 2016, at the Wayback Machine. Businessday
- Nigerian Export-Import Bank Selects APO For Press Release Distribution In Africa Adlip
- Brand South Africa hires African Press Organisation PR Week
- South Africa hires media relations agency to build its nation brand Transform Magazine
- Gemalto NV says signs contract renewal with APO Reuters
- DHL doubles press release distribution across Africa BizNis Africa
- APO announced its renewed and extended contract as exclusive supplier for press release wire distribution in Africa with DHL The Eagle Online