|Launched||20 April 2016|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 and 4:3) (SDTV),|
Africanews is a multilingual news media service, headquartered in Pointe-Noire, Republic of the Congo. The news channel is a subsidiary of France-based euronews and began broadcasting online, and via TV and satellite on 20 April 2016. The newsroom has 30 journalists and a technical staff of around 55.
Africanews runs news and weather summaries every half-hour.
Currently, the programs are broadcast in both English and French - the on-screen captions are bilingual. The channel plans to expand and accommodate most of the continents' population and plans to roll out Swahili, Arabic and Portuguese content soon.
- Good Morning Africa: Weekday news bulletin from 6am to 11am ;
- Daily News: Weekday news bulletin from 11am to 6pm ;
- Prime Edition: Weekday news bulletin from 6pm to 11pm ;
- The Nightshift: Weekday news bulletin from 11pm to 6am ;
- International Weekend: Weekend news bulletin ;
- This is Culture!: Daily looks at culture and entertainment ;
- Sci_Tech: Latest science and technology news ;
- No|Comment: Pictures with no commentaries ;
- Météo Africa / Météo World: Your daily weather forecasts ;
- The Morning Call: Get all the top stories happened overnight or early mornings, broadcast weekday mornings from 6 to 11 (only one first hour is live, others are pre-recorded) ;
- Business Africa: Weekly 8-minute roundup on business news and markets in Africa and worldwide, live Thursday nights at 8:15 (with repeats till 11:15 then Friday lunchtime and weekend) ;
- Football Planet: Weekly 10-minute roundup on football news in Africa and Europe, live Monday nights at 8:15 (with repeats till 11:15 then Tuesday lunchtime) ;
- Focus: In-depth world reports ;
- The Global Conversation: Interview with an Africanews' journalist and an international decision-maker ;
- International Edition: Weekly 10-minute analysis of the week's stories that make the headlines, powered by Euronews ;
- Markets: Currencies, African markets and commodities ;
- Timeout Africa: African events roundup.
- "Africanews is now LIVE on air and online". africanews.channel. Retrieved 2016-04-22.
- "Parte Africanews, canale gemello di euronews, fatto in Africa, per l'Africa e gli africani". euronewsit. Retrieved 2016-04-22.
- "Africanews joins continent's TV fray - BBC News". BBC News. Retrieved 2016-04-22.