|Also known as||Afrikan Boy|
|Born||28 March 1989|
|Genres||Hip hop, grime|
|Labels||N.E.E.T. Recordings, Yam Records|
Olushola Ajose, better known by his stage name Afrikan Boy (born 28 March 1989) is a grime MC from Woolwich, London, England, United Kingdom who was born in Nigeria. He made a guest appearance on the track "Hussel" from the M.I.A. album Kala, and is one of the initial artists M.I.A. wanted signed to her label N.E.E.T. Recordings (then called Zig-Zag) in 2007. A remix of M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes" was uploaded onto her MySpace featuring Afrikan Boy and tourmate Rye Rye. Afrikan Boy has never appeared on pirate radio, a performance opportunity common in the grime genre. He studied for a Psychology degree at Brunel University.
Touring in support of M.I.A. on her 2007 KALA Tour and 2008 People Vs. Money Tour as well as headlining his own shows, Afrikan Boy has appeared at the Splash! festival. On 26 June 2011, Afrikan Boy released his mixtape named "What Took You So Long" on his website for free. On 18 August 2014, he released his LP The ABCD on Yam Records. He had also contributed to the work of DJ Shadow and Africa Express alongside Baaba Maal, Femi Kuti, Damon Albarn and Fatoumata Diawara.
- "Afrikan Boy". Drowned in Sound. Archived from the original on 2008-03-03. Retrieved 2008-03-04.
- Hampson, Simon. "Afrikan Boy". FACT Magazine.
- Lindsay, Cam (2007-08-03). "Afrikanboy - "One Day I Went to Lidl"". Exclaim!. Archived from the original on 2007-11-05. Retrieved 2008-03-04.
- Swash, Rosie (2007-09-25). "Sugababes aren't so sweet without Mutya". guardian.co.uk. Guardian Media Group. Archived from the original on 20 February 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-04.
- McKinnon, Matthew (2005-05-05). "Grime Wave". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Archived from the original on 18 February 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-24.
- Emmanuel Ezugwu. "Head2head: Afrikanboy Vs Cassette Playa". RWD magazine. Archived from the original on March 30, 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- Goldhanger, Keith (2 September 2014), Afrikan Boy, Louder Than War, retrieved 10 June 2015
- Struik, Marleen (17 September 2014), Album Review: Afrikan Boy – The ABCD, CultNoise, archived from the original on 11 June 2015, retrieved 10 June 2015
- "Afrikan Boy". Roundhouse. Retrieved 2019-12-28.
|This biographical article related to hip hop music is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|