|Studio album by|
|Recorded||September 9, 1975|
|Producer||Kazuo Harada & Kuniya Inaoka|
|Muhal Richard Abrams chronology|
Afrisong is a solo piano album by Muhal Richard Abrams which was released on India Navigation and the Japanese Trio/Whynot label and features seven performances by Abrams recorded in Chicago in September 1975.
The Allmusic review states: "Muhal Richard Abrams seamlessy blended elements of stride, bebop, blues, and free music on this collection of solo piano pieces.... It was also a chance for Abrams to display his instrumental facility and underrated keyboard skills, which often take a back seat to his arranging, compositions and bandleading."The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide said the album "contains the best of his early solo work".
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
All compositions by Muhal Richard Abrams
- "Afrisong" – 5:03
- "The Infinite Flow" – 5:55
- "Peace On You" – 7:35
- "Hymn to the East" – 4:30
- "Roots" – 3:56
- "Blues For M." – 3:44
- "The New People" – 10:11
- Recorded at Universal Recording Studios, Chicago, on September 9, 1975
- ^ a b Allmusic Review, accessed September 9, 2009
- ^ a b Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 4. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.