Afsana Pyar Ka
|Afsana Pyar Ka|
अफ़साना प्यार का
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||M.R Shahjahan|
Ramesh Pant (Dialogues) |
Bono Deb (story and screenplay)
|Music by||Bappi Lahiri|
|Edited by||Afaque Husain|
|Distributed by||Shemaroo Video PVT. Limited & Spark Worldwide|
|Box office||₹21 million (equivalent to ₹130 million or US$1.8 million in 2017)|
Afsana Pyar Ka (English:The Tale of Love) is a 1991 Indian romantic drama film starring Aamir Khan and Neelam Kothari. The music of the film became successful, especially the song "Tip Tip Baarish".
Animosity has existed between the families of Raj and Nikita's respective fathers. But their children have grown up without any knowledge of this animosity. They meet in college, and after a few misunderstandings both fall in love with each other. They plan to marry, and accordingly inform their respective families of their plans. Both the families view this alliance with anger, and refuse to bless the young couple. Raj and Nikita have one choice - marry the person their respective families have selected for them, or elope.
- Aamir Khan... Raj
- Neelam Kothari... Nikita
- Deepak Tijori... Depak
- Kiran Kumar... Mahendra Behl (Raj's Father)
- Beena Banerjee... Beena (Raj's Mother)
- Saeed Jaffrey... Anand Verma (Nikita's Uncle)
- Rakesh Bedi... Rakesh
- Amita Nangia... Deepa
- Viju Khote... Gurumurthy (Physics Professor)
- Jeet Upendra... Vikram
|1||"Aashiq Deewana Hoon"||Amit Kumar|
|2||"Afsana Pyar Ka"||Udit Narayan, Asha Bhosle|
|3||"Nazrein Milin"||Amit Kumar, Asha Bhosle|
|4||"Tip Tip Baarish"||Amit Kumar, Asha Bhosle|
|5||"Yaad Teri Aati Hai"||Alka Yagnik|
- Sharma, Murli (5 February 1999). "Surprise package". Indian Express. Archived from the original on 25 June 2012. Retrieved 11 January 2012.
- "Aamir Khan Box Office Collections Analysis". Indicine.
- "'Reincarnation films have global appeal'". The Hindu. PTI. 21 May 2009. Archived from the original on 25 June 2012. Retrieved 11 January 2012.
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|