|Written by||Kourtney Richard|
|Presented by||Matt Mira|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||14 (list of episodes)|
|Production location(s)||CBS Television City, Los Angeles, CA|
|Running time||35–57 minutes|
|Original network||CBS All Access|
|Original release||September 24, 2017 –|
February 11, 2018
|Related shows||Star Trek: Discovery|
After Trek is a live American aftershow in which host Matt Mira discusses episodes of the CBS All Access television series Star Trek: Discovery with guests, including celebrity fans, cast members, and crew from the series. It is produced by Embassy Row in association with Roddenberry Entertainment.
Inspired by previous aftershows created by Embassy Row, such as Talking Dead and Talking Bad, episodes of After Trek are released on All Access after each episode of Discovery is released. This started with that show's premiere on September 24, 2017, and ran through to its season finale on February 11, 2018. In January 2019, it was announced After Trek had been canceled and was being replaced by The Ready Room, an interview program hosted by Naomi Kyle that CBS was distributing via Facebook Live and YouTube.
By July 2016, CBS was working on an aftershow companion series to Discovery similar in format to AMC's Talking Dead, a companion to The Walking Dead. The show would air live after each episode of Discovery, and would feature "guests, celebrity Trekkies, former Star Trek actors, along with cast members and crew" from Discovery. The companion episodes would also be available to stream for CBS All Access subscribers. The companion series was confirmed in May 2017, with the title Talking Trek.
In August, CBS revealed that Embassy Row, the company behind popular aftershow companion series Talking Dead and Talking Bad, would be producing Talking Trek. Michael Davies was set to executive produce alongside Roddenberry Entertainment's Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth, with the show's episodes planned to run for 30–40 minutes. The next month, Matt Mira was announced as host of the aftershow, which was renamed After Trek.
In June 2018, after production on the second season of Discovery had begun, a CBS spokesperson said that the network was "reimagining" After Trek for that season. The statement added that the next iteration of the talk show would "continue to have all the fan-driven elements that Star Trek: Discovery viewers enjoyed this season and more." In January 2019, it was announced After Trek had been canceled and was being replaced. The first episode of the second season of Discovery was followed by a livestream of the world premiere event that CBS was distributing via Facebook Live. Subsequent episodes of Discovery were followed up by an episode of The Ready Room, an interview format show hosted by Naomi Kyle.
|No.||Episode(s) discussed||Guests||Original air date|
|1||"The Vulcan Hello"|
"Battle at the Binary Stars"
|Aaron Harberts and James Frain||September 24, 2017|
|2||"Context Is for Kings"||Aaron Harberts and Mary Wiseman||October 1, 2017|
|3||"The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry"||Jason Isaacs, Doug Jones, Aaron Harberts, and Gretchen J. Berg||October 8, 2017|
|4||"Choose Your Pain"||Mary Chieffo, Kenneth Mitchell, Aaron Harberts, and Gretchen J. Berg||October 15, 2017|
|5||"Lethe"||Gretchen J. Berg||October 22, 2017|
|6||"Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad"||Anthony Rapp, Wilson Cruz, and Rainn Wilson||October 29, 2017|
|7||"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"||Jayne Brook, Doug Jones, and Ted Sullivan||November 5, 2017|
|8||"Into the Forest I Go"||Sonequa Martin-Green, Mary Wiseman, Bo Yeon Kim, and Erika Lippoldt||November 12, 2017|
|9||"Despite Yourself"||Wilson Cruz, Mary Chieffo, Aaron Harberts, Gretchen J. Berg, and Sam Vartholomeos||January 7, 2018|
|10||"The Wolf Inside"||Shazad Latif and Ted Sullivan||January 14, 2018|
|11||"Vaulting Ambition"||Anthony Rapp and Jonathan Frakes||January 21, 2018|
|12||"What's Past Is Prologue"||Rekha Sharma, Jason Isaacs, and Ted Sullivan||January 28, 2018|
|13||"The War Without, The War Within"||Doug Jones, Olatunde Osunsanmi, and Justin Simien||February 4, 2018|
|14||"Will You Take My Hand?"||Sonequa Martin-Green, Anthony Rapp, Alex Kurtzman, Aaron Harberts and Gretchen J. Berg||February 11, 2018|
- "Star Trek". YouTube. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- "EXCLUSIVE: A 'Talking Dead'-Style STAR TREK ALL ACCESS Aftershow May Be In The Works". Deadline Hollywood. July 13, 2016. Archived from the original on 2017-05-18. Retrieved May 18, 2017.
- Andreeva, Nellie (May 17, 2017). "'Star Trek: Discovery' Gets Order Increase & Companion Show On CBS All Access". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on 2017-05-17. Retrieved May 18, 2017.
- Maglio, Tony (August 1, 2017). "'Star Trek: Discovery' Nabs 'Talking Dead' Company for Aftershow". TheWrap. Archived from the original on 2017-08-03. Retrieved August 3, 2017.
- Petski, Denise (September 22, 2017). "'Star Trek: Discovery': Live After-Show Gets New Name; Matt Mira Set As Host". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on 2017-09-24. Retrieved September 24, 2017.
- "CBS Planning "Reimagining" Of 'After Trek' For Season 2 Of 'Star Trek: Discovery'". Deadline Hollywood. June 6, 2018. Archived from the original on 2018-06-15. Retrieved June 15, 2018.
- Pascale, Anthony (January 17, 2019). "CBS Launching Weekly 'Star Trek: Discovery' Facebook Live Events, Starting Tonight From NYC Premiere". TrekMovie.com. Retrieved January 17, 2019.