|Presented by||Matt Mira|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||14 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||35–57 minutes|
|Original network||CBS All Access|
|Original release||September 24, 2017 –|
February 11, 2018
|Followed by||The Ready Room|
|Related shows||Star Trek: Discovery|
After Trek is a live American aftershow hosted by Matt Mira on CBS All Access, in which Mira discusses episodes of the All Access television series Star Trek: Discovery with guests, including cast and crew members from the series as well as celebrity fans. It was produced by Embassy Row in association with Roddenberry Entertainment.
Work on an aftershow for Discovery began by July 2016, taking inspiration from previous aftershows created by Embassy Row such as Talking Dead and Talking Bad. Episodes of After Trek were released on All Access after each episode of Discovery was released, beginning with that show's premiere on September 24, 2017, and running through to its season finale on February 11, 2018. In addition to guest interviews, each episode of the aftershow also included live interactive polls and behind-the-scenes segments.
By June 2018, CBS had decided to re-imagine After Trek for the second season of Discovery. In January 2019, After Trek was canceled and replaced by The Ready Room, a new interview-based aftershow hosted by Naomi Kyle and streamed on Facebook Live.
By July 2016, CBS was working on an aftershow companion series to its new CBS All Access television series Star Trek: Discovery, similar in format to AMC's The Walking Dead companion series Talking Dead. The show would air live on All Access after each episode of Discovery, and would feature "celebrity Trekkies", former Star Trek actors", as well as cast and crew members from Discovery. The companion series was confirmed in May 2017, with the title Talking Trek. In August, CBS revealed that Embassy Row, the company behind popular aftershow companion series Talking Dead and Talking Bad, would be producing Talking Trek. Michael Davies was set to executive produce alongside Roddenberry Entertainment's Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth, with the show's episodes planned to run for 30–40 minutes. The next month, Matt Mira was announced as host of the aftershow, which was renamed After Trek.
Each episode of the series is filmed in a studio, on a set that was constructed in two days and features different Discovery-inspired decorations. Mira discusses the Discovery episode, and other aspects of the series, with the After Trek guests for that week, while graphics are displayed featuring trivia about Discovery. Commercial breaks are book-ended by Star Trek trivia questions that the audience members watching the live stream could participate in answering using interactive polls at the website aftertrek.tv. Each aftershow episode also includes pre-preoduced behind-the-scenes segments about the making of Discovery, and ends with a preview clip of the next episode of Discovery.
|No.||Episode(s) discussed||Guests||Original air date|
|1||"The Vulcan Hello"|
"Battle at the Binary Stars"
|Aaron Harberts and James Frain||September 24, 2017|
|2||"Context Is for Kings"||Aaron Harberts and Mary Wiseman||October 1, 2017|
|3||"The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry"||Jason Isaacs, Doug Jones, Aaron Harberts, and Gretchen J. Berg||October 8, 2017|
|4||"Choose Your Pain"||Mary Chieffo, Kenneth Mitchell, Aaron Harberts, and Gretchen J. Berg||October 15, 2017|
|5||"Lethe"||Gretchen J. Berg||October 22, 2017|
|6||"Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad"||Anthony Rapp, Wilson Cruz, and Rainn Wilson||October 29, 2017|
|7||"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"||Jayne Brook, Doug Jones, and Ted Sullivan||November 5, 2017|
|8||"Into the Forest I Go"||Sonequa Martin-Green, Mary Wiseman, Bo Yeon Kim, and Erika Lippoldt||November 12, 2017|
|9||"Despite Yourself"||Wilson Cruz, Mary Chieffo, Aaron Harberts, Gretchen J. Berg, and Sam Vartholomeos||January 7, 2018|
|10||"The Wolf Inside"||Shazad Latif and Ted Sullivan||January 14, 2018|
|11||"Vaulting Ambition"||Anthony Rapp and Jonathan Frakes||January 21, 2018|
|12||"What's Past Is Prologue"||Rekha Sharma, Jason Isaacs, and Ted Sullivan||January 28, 2018|
|13||"The War Without, The War Within"||Doug Jones, Olatunde Osunsanmi, and Justin Simien||February 4, 2018|
|14||"Will You Take My Hand?"||Sonequa Martin-Green, Anthony Rapp, Alex Kurtzman, Aaron Harberts, and Gretchen J. Berg||February 11, 2018|
After Trek premiered on September 24, 2019, streaming live on CBS All Access following the release of the first Star Trek: Discovery episodes. Episodes are also available to stream on demand by All Access subscribers. Outside of the United States, episodes were aired on Space in Canada following the broadcast of Discovery there, and they are available on demand on Netflix for another 188 countries where Discovery is also made available on demand within 24 hours of the U.S. debut.
In June 2018, after production on the second season of Discovery had begun, a CBS spokesperson said the network was "reimagining" After Trek for the next season. The statement added that the next iteration of the talk show would "continue to have all the fan-driven elements that Star Trek: Discovery viewers enjoyed this season and more." In January 2019, it was announced that After Trek had been canceled and was being replaced by weekly Facebook Live events to be streamed the day after each Discovery episode was released. These Facebook Live events were soon revealed to be a new interview-style aftershow named The Ready Room, hosted by Naomi Kyle.
- "Exclusive: A 'Talking Dead'-Style Star Trek All Access Aftershow May Be In The Works". TrekNews.net. July 13, 2016. Archived from the original on May 18, 2017. Retrieved May 18, 2017.
- Andreeva, Nellie (May 17, 2017). "'Star Trek: Discovery' Gets Order Increase & Companion Show On CBS All Access". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on May 17, 2017. Retrieved May 18, 2017.
- Maglio, Tony (August 1, 2017). "'Star Trek: Discovery' Nabs 'Talking Dead' Company for Aftershow". TheWrap. Archived from the original on August 3, 2017. Retrieved August 3, 2017.
- Petski, Denise (September 22, 2017). "'Star Trek: Discovery': Live After-Show Gets New Name; Matt Mira Set As Host". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on September 24, 2017. Retrieved September 24, 2017.
- Andosca, Joe (September 26, 2017). "Review: 'After Trek' Is A Fun, Informative Companion To 'Star Trek: Discovery'". TrekMovie.com. Archived from the original on November 26, 2017. Retrieved March 14, 2020.
- "CBS Planning "Reimagining" Of 'After Trek' For Season 2 Of 'Star Trek: Discovery'". TrekMovie.com. June 6, 2018. Archived from the original on June 15, 2018. Retrieved June 15, 2018.
- Pascale, Anthony (January 17, 2019). "CBS Launching Weekly 'Star Trek: Discovery' Facebook Live Events, Starting Tonight From NYC Premiere". TrekMovie.com. Archived from the original on January 18, 2019. Retrieved January 17, 2019.
- "Watch 'The Ready Room' – New Official 'Star Trek: Discovery' Facebook Live Show Starting 2 PM (PST)". TrekMovie.com. January 25, 2019. Archived from the original on March 23, 2019. Retrieved March 14, 2020.