After the Wedding (2019 film)
|After the Wedding|
|Directed by||Bart Freundlich|
|Screenplay by||Bart Freundlich|
|Music by||Mychael Danna|
|Edited by||Joseph Krings|
After the Wedding is a 2019 drama film, written and directed by Bart Freundlich. It is a remake of the 2006 film of the same name by Susanne Bier. It stars Julianne Moore, Michelle Williams, Billy Crudup, and Abby Quinn.
It had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on January 24, 2019.
A manager of an orphanage in Kolkata travels to New York to meet a benefactor at her wedding.
- Michelle Williams as Isabel
- Julianne Moore as Theresa, Oscar’s wife and Grace’s mother a millionaire and benefactor whom Isabel must meet
- Billy Crudup as Oscar, Theresa’s husband and Grace’s father
- Abby Quinn as Grace, Theresa and Oscar’s daughter
- Will Chase as Frank
In February 2018, Julianne Moore was set to star in an American remake of the Danish film by Susanne Bier, and will see the leading roles changed from male to female. Diane Kruger was also cast. However, in April 2018, Michelle Williams replaced Kruger. In May 2018, Billy Crudup and Abby Quinn joined the cast.
Principal production began in May 2018.
- "After The Wedding". Sundance Film Festival. Retrieved January 24, 2019.
- Julianne Moore to Star in 'After the Wedding' Remake
- David Cronenberg’s ‘Rabid’ Remake; Kruger Joins ‘After The Wedding’; Uncork’d Finds ‘The Lighthouse’ – Berlin Briefs
- Michelle Williams to Star Opposite Julianne Moore in ‘After the Wedding’ Remake (EXCLUSIVE)
- ‘Almost Famous’ Star Billy Crudup Joins Julianne Moore’s ‘After The Wedding’
- Abby Quinn RSVPs To ‘After The Wedding’ With Michelle Williams, Julianne Moore
- Debruge, Peter (November 28, 2018). "Sundance Film Festival Unveils 2019 Features Lineup". Variety. Retrieved November 28, 2018.