Afton Township, DeKalb County, Illinois
Location in DeKalb County
DeKalb County's location in Illinois
|Established||February 18, 1856|
|• Supervisor||Randall J. Bourdages|
|• Total||35.16 sq mi (91.1 km2)|
|• Land||35.11 sq mi (90.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.17%|
|Elevation||879 ft (268 m)|
|• Density||24.5/sq mi (9.5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60115, 60556|
|GNIS feature ID||0428573|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.16 square miles (91.1 km2), of which 35.11 square miles (90.9 km2) (or 99.86%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.17%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Dekalb (partial)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Afton Center Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Jack W Watson Airport
- Walter Airport
- DeKalb Community Unit School District 428
- Hinckley-Big Rock Community Unit School District 429
- Indian Creek Community Unit District 425
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 70
- State Senate District 35
- "Afton Township, DeKalb County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Callary, Edward (29 September 2008). Place Names of Illinois. University of Illinois Press. p. 2. ISBN 978-0-252-09070-7.
||Malta Township||DeKalb Township||Cortland Township|
|Milan Township||Pierce Township|
|Shabbona Township||Clinton Township||Squaw Grove Township|