Hirsch chairing a Policy Exchange debate in September 2014
12 June 1981 |
Human rights development worker
Afua Hirsch (12 June 1981) is a journalist, barrister and human rights development worker of Ghanaian, English and Jewish heritage. She is the Social Affairs and Education Editor for Sky News and was previously a correspondent for the British newspaper The Guardian.
Hirsch has worked in international development, law and journalism. She began working as a lawyer in criminal defence, public and international law. She then became a legal correspondent for The Guardian. She has lived in England and Senegal, and served as The Guardian's West Africa correspondent.
- "Afua Hirsch – A star is born «". Operationblackvote.wordpress.com. 10 September 2010. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- Hirsch, Afua (26 May 2013). "What's it like being black in Norway?". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- Afua Hirsch (26 August 2012). "Afua Hirsch: Our parents left Africa – now we are coming home". London: The Observer. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "Afua Hirsch on human rights | British Institute of Human Rights". Bihr.org.uk. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- "Afua Hirsch". London: The Guardian. 16 September 2008. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "Afua Hirsch". Sky News. Retrieved 16 December 2014.