Human rights development worker
Afua Hirsch is a journalist, barrister and human rights development worker of Ashanti and English origin. Born in Stavanger, Norway to an English father and a Ghanaian mother, she grew up in England. She is the Social Affairs and Education Editor for Sky News and was previously a correspondent for the British newspaper The Guardian. She has lived in England and Senegal, and served as The Guardian 's West Africa correspondent.
Hirsch has worked in international development, law and journalism. She began working as a lawyer in criminal defence, public and international law. She then became a legal correspondent for The Guardian. Hirsch joined Sky News as their Social Affairs and Education Editor in early 2014.
- "Afua Hirsch – A star is born «". Operationblackvote.wordpress.com. 2010-09-10. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- Hirsch, Afua (26 May 2013). "What's it like being black in Norway?". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- Afua Hirsch (2012-08-26). "Afua Hirsch: Our parents left Africa – now we are coming home". London: The Observer. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- "Afua Hirsch". London: The Guardian. 2008-09-16. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- "Afua Hirsch on human rights | British Institute of Human Rights". Bihr.org.uk. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- "Afua Hirsch". Sky News. Retrieved 16 December 2014.