Afyonkarahisar ili (Turkish)
|• Electoral district||Afyonkarahisar|
|• Governor||Gökmen Çiçek|
|• Total||14,230 km2 (5,490 sq mi)|
Adjacent provinces are Kütahya to the northwest, Uşak to the west, Denizli to the southwest, Burdur to the south, Isparta to the southeast, Konya to the east, and Eskişehir to the north. The provincial capital is Afyonkarahisar. It covers an area of 14,230 km², and the population is about 744,179 as of 2021.
Afyonkarahisar province is divided into 18 districts:
- "TURKSTAT". data.tuik.gov.tr. Retrieved 2022-02-06.
- "The Results of Address Based Population Registration System, 2020". Turkish Statistical Institute. Archived from the original on 2021-10-28. Retrieved 7 December 2021.
- "Census Results". Turkstat. Archived from the original on 2016-08-02. Retrieved 22 January 2021.
- "Online library of Turkstat". Turkstat. Archived from the original on 2014-06-02. Retrieved 22 January 2021.
- Kara Rapor 2020: Hava Kirliliği ve Sağlık Etkileri [Black Report 2020: Air Pollution and Heath Effects] (Report) (in Turkish). Right to Clean Air Platform Turkey. August 2020.
- Afyonkarahisar governor's official website (in Turkish)
- Afyonkarahisar municipality's official website (in Turkish)
- Pictures of the capital of Afyonkarahisar province. With old Fortress of Opium, nice old centre. (in English)