Aga Khan Trust for Culture
The Aga Khan Trust for Culture (AKTC) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a family of institutions created by His Highness the Aga Khan with distinct yet complementary mandates to improve the welfare and prospects of people in countries of the developing world, particularly in Asia and Africa. It focuses on the revitalization of communities in the Muslim world—physical, social, cultural, and economic.
The AKTC was founded in 1988 and is registered in Geneva, Switzerland, as a private non-denominational philanthropic foundation. It is an integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a family of institutions created by Aga Khan IV with distinct but complementary mandates to improve the welfare of people in the developing world.
- Aga Khan Award for Architecture (AKAA) is an architectural prize recognizes architectural excellence in the Muslim world.
- Aga Khan Historic Cities Programme (HCP) supports the revitalization of historic sites in the Muslim world.
- Aga Khan Music Initiative (AKMI) provides financial resources and technical assistance to support the preservation and promotion of professional oral tradition music in Central Asia and other regions.
- Aga Khan Program for Islamic Architecture (AKPIA) is an endowed center for the history, theory and practice of Islamic architecture at Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- ArchNet is a website on architecture, urban design, urban development, and related issues in the Muslim world, created in cooperation with MIT.
- Museums and Exhibitions refers to museum and exhibition projects, including the Aga Khan Museum in Toronto. It also displays exhibitions of pieces from its collection and provides support services for museums in the developing world, including the National Museum of Mali.
- "Aga Khan to Establish Major Academic and Cultural Center and Museum in Canada". Retrieved 2006-11-29.
- "The Aga Khan Trust for Culture and the National Museum of Mali sign a Collaboration Agreement" (Press release). Musée National du Mali. 2006-06-07. Retrieved 2007-10-22.
- "Aga Khan Trust for Culture (website)". Retrieved 2006-11-15.
- "Aga Khan Trust for Culture Brochure" (PDF). Retrieved 2006-11-15.
- "Aga Khan Trust for Culture Archives on ArchNet.org". Retrieved 2006-12-02.
- "The Aga Khan Development Network". Archived from the original on 15 November 2006. Retrieved 2006-11-14.