Aga Rangemaster Group
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, England, UK|
Number of employees
AGA Rangemaster Group Limited is a British manufacturer of range cookers, kitchen appliances, and interior furnishings, which was acquired by Middleby Corporation in July 2015. The Group employs just over 2,500 people worldwide. 
Aga Rangemaster (formerly Aga Foodservice Group, LSE: AGA) is the manufacturer of the eponymous cast iron cooker and oven (the AGA Cooker) headquartered in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, England. The North American subsidiary of AGA Rangemaster is AGA Marvel which distributes AGA Rangemaster cooking products under the AGA brand name as well as being the manufacturer of Marvel full sized refrigeration and undercounter refrigeration products such as wine cellars, beverage centers, refrigerated drawers, etc.
Products and brands
AGA Rangemaster Group Limited, owns a number of brands including La Cornue, Rangemaster, Divertimenti, Fired Earth, AGA, and Marvel. It manufactures Rayburn and Rangemaster stoves, and various other kitchen equipment, cookware and kitchen furnishings.
Glynwed was formed in 1939 with two areas: metals and engineering.
||This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (July 2015)|
- 1998 - Focus on just 2 core growth activities – PipeSystems & Consumer & Foodservice
- 1999 - Major acquisitions in the US and North America (IPEX, Victory Refrigeration)
- 2000 - Group is split into Pipe Systems and Consumer and Foodservice operations.
- 2001 - Pipe Systems operations sold to Belgian Group, Etex, for £800m. Capital return made. AGA Foodservice Group becomes the new name for the Group.
- 2002 - Focus on creating a major international consumer brand-led operation. Acquisition of a stake in Grange in France provides European foothold.
- 2003 - AGA and Rangemaster post record performances. Acquisition of Northland - Marvel in the US.
- 2005 - Acquisitions of Waterford Stanley. Divertimenti and Heartland Appliances strengthens consumer offering.
- 2007 - Foodservice operations sold as Group concentrates on its strong portfolio of consumer brands. Capital return made bringing total return since 2001 to £600m.
- 2008 - AGA Rangemaster is created from the remaining consumer businesses.
- 2009 - Acquisition of Mercury and Thermastone cooker brands from Lincat Group plc for £0.4m in cash. US operations integrated under the AGA Marvel banner.
- 2011 - Redfyre Cookers and Don Heating Products businesses acquired from Gazco Ltd for £0.8m in cash.
- 2012 - Entered into a bilateral agreement with the Chinese gas burner appliance group Vatti
- 2015 - Acquired by the American company Middleby Corporation for £129m million
AGA and Rangemaster lead the portfolio of consumer brands which include Divertimenti, Falcon, Mercury, Fired Earth, Grange, Heartland, La Cornue, Leisure Sinks, Redfyre, Marvel, Rayburn and Stanley.
- "AGA Rangemaster Group plc". Agarangemaster.com. Retrieved 2015-07-15.
- "AGA Rangemaster Group PLC, AGA:LSE profile". Financial Times. 2014-08-28. Retrieved 2015-07-15.
- "AGA.L Profile | AGA RANGEMASTER Stock". Yahoo! UK & Ireland Finance. 2014-12-31. Retrieved 2015-07-15.
- Farell, Sean (15 July 2015). "Aga Rangemaster sold to US company Middleby in £129m deal". The Guardian. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- "Aga's range extends to China". Telegraph. Retrieved 2015-07-15.
|This article about a manufacturing company in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an English company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|