This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cover of volume 1.
|Written by||Mitsurō Kubo|
|Magazine||Weekly Shōnen Magazine|
|Original run||Apr 6, 2011 – Apr 9, 2014|
|Original run||July 21, 2014 – September 22, 2014|
Again!! (Japanese: アゲイン!!, Agein!!) is a Japanese comedy shōnen manga series written and illustrated by Mitsurō Kubo. It was serialized in 2011 in Weekly Shōnen Magazine published by Kodansha until reaching its conclusion in 2014. It was adapted into a Japanese television drama series in the summer of 2014.
Graduating high school senior Imamura Kinichirou is a loner, without friends or social activities. But his isolation is at least in part his own doing, as Imamura has never been friendly himself. When an accidental fall on the day of his high school graduation seems to start him over again on the first day of school three years before, Imamura seizes the chance to do things better, but he doesn't know if it's really happening or if he's only dreaming.
Kin'ichirō Imamura (今村金一郎, Imamura Kin'ichirō)
- The protagonist of the series. Fujieda accidentally bumped into him in the morning while walking to school and was startled by his appearance. Due to his attitude and appearance, people mistake him for a delinquent, so he lives a lonely life. Upon arriving at school, he was scolded by Kitajima, a teacher because of his hair. Annoyed, Imamura ties his hair up. Apparently, Kitajima remembers when Imamura first came to the school, as a small boy. He has grown a lot but never joined any club. Kitajima then congratulates him for graduating.
- While he's receiving his certificate, people began talking about him. Imamura then turns around and stares towards the watching pupils. His behavior silences them but he is told to get down from the stage. He remembers three years ago, a girl from the school's ōendan sang the school anthem with a shockingly loud voice. He then visits the club's room in the old school building, only to find that the door is locked. He tries to break into the room by climbing into the room using the windows over the door. Before he enters the room, Fujieda appears and mistakes him for someone else. She takes Imamura for a criminal and flees. Imamura runs after her, trying to clear up the misunderstanding but finds Fujieda at the bottom of the stairs. Seeing blood flowing from her head, he rushes down to her but slips and falls on top of her. He experiences deja vu after he falls.
Akira Fujieda (藤枝暁, Fujieda Akira)
- The girl who mistakes Imamura for her boyfriend, Hiro and sees him as a criminal when they accidentally meet at the old school building. She also experience the past as the present after she falls.
Yoshiko Usami (宇佐美良子, Usami Yoshiko)
- The school ōendan captain who Imamura saw at the high school entrance ceremony. She is strong-willed and stubborn when it comes to everything related to the ōendan. The only member of the club before Imamura helps her regather the old members. She greets Imamura upon seeing him during the club wecoming time and immediately accepts him as a club member.
Tamaki Abe (安倍珠貴, Abe Tamaki)
Kitajima (北島, Kitajima)
- A teacher at Kabosu Minami High School. He is the school's guidance counselor and the ōendan's advisor. According to Imamura, he is not as strict as he looks once you know him.
- "Kodansha Comics Announces Print Plans For "Grand Blue Dreaming," "Tokyo Tarareba Girls" And "AGAIN!!"". Crunchyroll. October 9, 2017. Retrieved October 9, 2017.
- "Again!! vo". manga-news.com (in French). Retrieved February 29, 2016.
- "High School Cheer Group Manga 'Again!!' Gets Live-Action Show". Anime News Network. 14 May 2014. Retrieved 14 May 2014.