Jump to navigation Jump to search
Agama is a Sanskrit word which is a term for scriptures in Buddhism, Hinduism, and Jainism:
- Āgama (Buddhism), a collection of Early Buddhist Texts
- Āgama (Hinduism), a collection of scriptures of several Hindu devotional schools
- Jain Agamas (Digambara), texts of Digambara Jainism
- Jain Agamas (Śvētāmbara), texts of Jainism based on the discourses of the tirthankara
The corresponding adjective is Agamic.
Agama can also refer to:
- Agama (lizard), genus of lizards in the family Agamidae
- Agama agama, a species of lizard from the Agamidae family
- Religion, referred to as agama in the Malay-speaking world (Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei)
- Parthenogenesis or agamic, can mean a form of asexual reproduction not involving the fusion of male and female gametes
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Agama.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.