Agartala Government Medical College
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)|
|Agartala Government Medical College (AGMC), Agartala|
|Established||August 1, 2005|
|Type||Institute of Medical Science|
|Students||515 + 100 Interns|
|Location||Agartala, Tripura, India|
Agartala Government Medical College is located at Agartala, the capital city of Tripura, one of the north-eastern states of India. It is at Kunjaban near the Malancha Nivas", home of Manikya Dynasty at Agartala. The college is in cooperation with the G.B. Hospital which is the hospital of the college. It is completely run by the government of Tripura.
The college was established in 2005 and the foundation stone was laid by the Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh. The college is recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and is affiliated to Tripura University.
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases (Chest Medicine)
- Dermatology, STD & Leprosy
The annual intake of students for the course of MBBS is 100, divided as follows:
- 75 students from the state of Tripura who qualify through the Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination.
- 15 students from the Central Pool who qualify through the AIPMT (All India Pre Medical Test/CBSE-PMT)
- 10 students from the rest of North East. As a gesture of good will the Government of Tripura has offered ten seats from its quota to four North-Eastern States viz. Mizoram (two seats), Nagaland (three seats), Meghalaya (three seats) and Arunachal Pradesh (two seats) as there is no medical college in those states.
Eligibility for admission
A candidate who has completed the age of 17 years on or before 31 December of the corresponding year is eligible for admission. Date of birth as recorded in the Madhyamik / 10th Standard / School Leaving Certificate issued by the concerned Board of Education will be taken as authentic.
Candidates must have passed the Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years of study, the last two years of study consisting of Physics, Chemistry and Biology or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than core course of English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education. All or any such examination must be recognized by the Tripura University for the purpose of admission.
All candidates (Tripura State quota – 75 seats) should appear in the Joint Entrance Examination, conducted by the Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination, for admission to this Medical College.
Admission will be as per the merit list of Joint Entrance Counseling Committee constituted by the Govt. of Tripura.
All admissions are subject to verification of the original certificates / documents produced by the candidates. Regarding the eligibility of any applicant, the decision of the Joint Entrance Board, Govt. of Tripura and the Medical College Authorities as per the MCI guideline shall be final.
All admissions are subject to Medical Fitness of the candidate.
- Academic Calendar
|Commencement of classes||1 August|
|Duration of Semesters||Six Months|
|Course Duration||Four & Half Year|
- Grouping of subjects for examination
|MBBS||Name Of Subject||Duration|
|1st MBBS||Anatomy, Physiology & Bio Chemistry||2 Semesterss|
|2nd MBBS||Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology & Forensic Medicine||3 Semesters|
|3rd MBBS (Part I)||Ophthalmology, ENT & Community Medicine||2 Semesters|
|3rd MBBS (Part II)||General Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics||2 Semesters|
The Medical College campus is spread over 42 acres of land. It includes :
- A 300 capacity Boys’ Hostel.
- 200 capacity Girls’ Hostel.
- 40 capacity Girls’ Intern.
- 60 capacity Boys Intern.
- 350 capacity Nurses Hostel.
- 200 capacity Resident Doctor Hostel.
- 132 units of staff quarters for Associate Professor / Assistant Professor / Tutor / Sr. Residents. 96 Units of Staff quarters for Jr. Resident / Technical Assistant etc. and 12 units of Staff quarter for Professor.
- A 660 sitting capacity Auditorium named after Karl Landsteiner.
- A Gymnasium equipped with modern Instruments.
- Play Ground and a Branch of a Bank with ATM facility.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Agartala Government Medical College.|