|Agatha K. Sangma|
|Member of the Lok Sabha|
May 2009 – May 2014
|Preceded by||P. A. Sangma|
|Succeeded by||P. A. Sangma|
|Minister of State Ministry of Rural Development|
May 2009 – October 2012
24 July 1980 |
New Delhi, India 
|Political party||Nationalist Congress Party|
|Residence||West Garo Hills|
|Alma mater||Pune University
|As of 12 July, 2009
Agatha K. Sangma (born 24 July 1980) is a former Member of Parliament of India (MP), and was part of the 15th Lok Sabha. She represented the Tura constituency of Meghalaya following the 2009 parliamentary election as a candidate of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP). She was the youngest Minister of State in the UPA 2nd Manmohan singh Cabinet.
Agatha Sangma was born in New Delhi to P. A. Sangma, the former speaker of the Lok Sabha, and Soradini K. Sangma. She was brought up in West Garo Hills, Meghalaya. Her brother Conrad Sangma is the Leader of the Opposition in the Meghalaya State Assembly.
Agatha Sangma was first elected to the 14th Lok Sabha in a by-election in May 2008, after her father P.A. Sangma resigned from the seat to join state politics. Later she was re elected to 15th Lok Sabha where she is the youngest Indian MP. At age 29, she was the youngest minister in the council of ministers of 15th Lok Sabha.
She was former minister of state for Rural development. She resigned from this post during the cabinet reshuffle in October, 2012.  Agatha Sangma is a lawyer, an environmentalist, an amateur photographer.
- Fifteenth Lok Sabha: Members Bioprofile: Agatha Sangma Lok Sabha website.
- "NCP retains Tura, Congress Shillong", The Hindu (Chennai, India), 2009-05-16, retrieved 2009-05-25,
... NCP candidate Agatha Sangma, daughter of former Lok Sabha Speaker P A Sangma, retained the Tura parliamentary seat in Meghalaya and Congress the Shillong seat. Ms. Agatha, who is the sitting MP, polled 1,54,476 votes compared to 1,36,531 votes by closest rival Deborah Marak of the Congress. ...
- "Sangma meets Sonia, first time in a decade". The Times Of India. 2009-06-02.
- "Sangma dynasty gains momentum in Meghalaya". Rediff.com News. 23 April 2008.
- "Agatha K. Sangma: India’s Youngest MP profile & Bio", Samaw.com, retrieved 2009-05-25,
... Agatha K. Sangma, the youngest India’s Parliamentarian from Meghalaya ... Date of Birth 24.07.1980 ...
- "Agatha Sangma youngest minister in Manmohan ministry", economictimes.com, 2009-05-27, retrieved 2009-05-27,
... P A Sangma, will be the youngest minister in the Manmohan Singh cabinet ...
- "Agatha Sangma and Vincent Pala step down". India today. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "Agatha Sangma too may quit NCP, ministry". The Times Of India. 21 June 2012.
- "Agatha Sangma gets rural development, Ambika is I&B minister", in.news.yahoo.com, retrieved 2009-05-28,
... The youngest minister in Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's cabinet, Agatha Sangma, 28, has been named minister of state for rural development...[dead link]
|This article about a Meghalaya politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|