Agency for Non-conventional Energy and Rural Technology
Agency for Non-conventional Energy and Rural Technology (ANERT) is an organisation working under Government of Kerala, in Kerala, India, for gathering and disseminating knowledge about non-conventional energy, energy conservation and rural technology. The organisation was established in 1985 with headquarters at Thiruvananthapuram.
ANERT is guided by a governing body chaired by the Minister for Electricity, Government of Kerala. This body gives directions for activities in various energy-related areas.
ANERT has also an executive committee with Secretary to Government of Kerala, Power Department, as Chairman. The other members of the executive committee are Secretary to Government, Finance (Expenditure) Department, Govt of Kerala, Chairman, Kerala State Electricity Board, Member Secretary, Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, two members nominated by Govt of Kerala and Director, ANERT (Member Secretary).
- Solar Photovoltaic Programme
- Solar Thermal Energy Programme
- Wind Energy Programme
- Bio-energy Programme
- Micro Hydel Programme
- National Programme on Improved Chulha
- Integrated Rural Energy Programme
- Rural Technology Programme
- "ANERT". Govt of Kerala, India. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- "ANERT". Govt. of Kerala, India. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- Planning Commission, Govt of India, New Delhi (2008). Kerala development Report. Govt of India. p. 220. ISBN 9788171885947.
- "ANERT plans 10,000 roof-top solar panels in Kerala". The Economic Times. Feb 9, 2013.