Agent A: A Puzzle in Disguise
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Agent A: A Puzzle in Disguise|
|Developer(s)||Yak & Co|
|Publisher(s)||Yak & Co|
|Platform(s)||Steam, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One, Mac App Store, iOS App Store, Google Play & Amazon appstore|
|Release||29 August 2019 for PC & Console (available on iOS & Android now)|
Agent A: A Puzzle In Disguise is a suave secret agent adventure game developed and published by Yak & Co. Your mission is to infiltrate enemy spy Ruby La Rouge's secret hideaway and put a stop to her evil plans.
Chapters 1-4 are currently available on iOS and Android with the complete tale of espionage (including the fifth and final chapter) announced for release 29 August 2019 on Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Mac App Store. iOS and Android will also receive chapter 5 'The Final Blow' at the same time.
The player takes the role of Agent A, a genderless secret agent assigned to catch a dangerous enemy spy that has been targeting fellow agents. The game takes place in the secret lair of the main antagonist, Ruby La Rouge. After witnessing La Rouge's infiltration scheme that leads to the supposed demise of Agent A's chief in the prologue video, the player is then led to the secret lair on the shoreline not far from the committed crime. The player then gathers key items hidden in spots around certain parts of the map that will lead to unlocking new areas in hopes of finally catching up with and defeating La Rouge. Collecting the key items and utilising them in the environment to solve the puzzles is the core mechanic while relying on the player's keen eye, logic and memory.
A teaser trailer was released on 8 April 2015 and the full trailer was released later on 26 October 2015. The art style of the game was inspired by the works of Kevin Dart and Shag which combined a cartoonish style world with a retro 60's look, further added on with textures, furniture and architecture from the same era. Its initial working title was ‘Snowy Village’ with the art style more based on Fire Maple's “The Lost City” with the same mechanics as the final version. The art style was then changed into a more appealing theme that not only rooted from developer Mark White's own preference for the secret agent theme and his love for the Bond films, but fit accordingly to the mechanic of finding hidden clues and objects.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2018)
- "Yak & Co". Yak & Co. Archived from the original on 7 January 2017. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- "Agent A: A puzzle in disguise". App Store. Retrieved 2019-08-08.
- "Agent A: A Puzzle in Disguise". Agent A: A Puzzle in Disguise - Press. Archived from the original on 6 January 2017. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- "Agent A: A Puzzle in Disguise". Agent A: A Puzzle in Disguise - Teaser Trailer - YouTube. Yak & Co. Archived from the original on 14 April 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- "Agent A: A Puzzle in Disguise". Agent A: A Puzzle in Disguise - Full Trailer - YouTube. Yak & Co. Archived from the original on 3 December 2016. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- "Interview with Mark White". Debriefing Creator Mark White About "Agent A: A Puzzle In Disguise". App Unwrapper. Archived from the original on 25 December 2016. Retrieved 8 December 2016.
- "Agent A: A Puzzle In Disguise for iPhone/iPad Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on 12 November 2015. Retrieved 27 June 2018.
- Dotson, Carter (3 November 2015). "'Agent A: A Puzzle in Disguise' Review – Secrets and Vases". TouchArcade. Archived from the original on 6 August 2018. Retrieved 27 June 2018.
- co, Yak &. "Agent A". Agent A. Retrieved 2019-08-08.