Agent Hamilton: But Not If It Concerns Your Daughter
But Not If It Concerns Your Daughter
|Directed by||Tobias Falk|
|Produced by||Jan Marnell|
|Written by||Stefan Thunberg|
|Based on||Men inte om det gäller din dotter
|Music by||Philippe Boix-Vives
|Edited by||Thomas Lagerman|
|Distributed by||SF International Sales|
Agent Hamilton: But Not If It Concerns Your Daughter is a 2012 spy film directed by Tobias Falk. It is also known as Hamilton 2: Unless It's About Your Daughter. The original title is Hamilton 2: Men Inte Om Det Gäller Din Dotter. It is the second part of a trilogy. Mikael Persbrandt and Saba Mubarak reprise their roles as agent Carl Hamilton and agent Mouna al Fathar. The Australian Classification Board classified the film as "M", the highest unrestricted rating.
Eva Tanguy is the mother of Carl Hamilton's goddaughter Natalie and the director of the Swedish Security Service. When she confounds a terroristic assassination on Swedish soil, the assassin is unfortunately killed in her presence. This draws more attention to her person than ever but she sticks to her previous promise to give an interview for a big newspaper. The journalists twist her words in a way that provokes Islamists. As a result Nathalie gets kidnapped. She is filming with her smartphone when this happens and this provides a trace for Hamilton. Soon he realises the kidnappers were mercenaries with a SAS background. His investigation leads him to the United Kingdom where he tries to retrieve information from one of their old SAS comrades who is evidently unwilling to fill in an outsider. He attempts to put Hamilton down and dies trying. Hamilton is then arrested and delivered to the SIS Building where he faces being interrogated by high-ranked MI-6 officials. After his release he learns he mustn't even rely on his own country's secret service when he wants to rescue his goddaughter. As soon as he knows where Nathalie is kept, he asks Mouna al Fathar to help him. She demands that the leader of these Islamists will also be deducted because the PLO wants him brought before an international court. Together with Nathalie's father, a former member of the French Foreign Legion, they raid the terrorist's garrison. But Pierre Tanguy is out of shape and the terrorist leader is of all things secretly supported by an US-American who plays all sides. Hamilton gets caught and becomes subject to enhanced interrogation techniques.
- Mikael Persbrandt as Carl Hamilton
- Saba Mubarak as Mouna al Fathar
- Frida Hallgren as Eva Tanguy
- Reuben Sallmander as Pierre Tanguy
- Lennart Hjulström as DG
- Peter Eggers as Patrik Wärnstrand
- Steven Waddington as McCullen
- John Light as Jason Fox
- Sven Ahlström as Cedervall
- Said Legue as Suleiman Al-Obeid
- Maria Langhammer as Helene Boström
Daniel Bruce wrote that unlike its predecessor Hamilton: In the Interest of the Nation the second film was "a step in the right direction" for this franchise and had made him "keen to see the third film".
The Australian DVD contains only one version. It is the original version which is partly in English and otherwise subtitled.
- "Hamilton 2: But Not If It Concerns Your Daughter". Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "Cannes Market Opens Strongly For Nordic Films". nordiskfilmogtvfond.com. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- "Agent Hamilton: But not if it Concerns Your Daughter". thefilmcatalogue.com. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "Hamilton 2: Unless It's About Your Daughter". cine-adicto.com. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "Hamilton 2: Unless It's About Your Daughter". cineworm.com. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "Hamilton 2: Unless It's About Your Daughter". aringnews.com. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "Hamilton 2: Men Inte Om Det Gäller Din Dotter". New York Times. Retrieved 2013-07-03.
- "Hamilton 2: Men Inte Om Det Gäller Din Dotter". jamesbond007.se. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "Hamilton 2: Men Inte om det Gäller din Dotter". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "Swedes boosted by gloom boom". Variety. Retrieved 2012-05-18.
- "AGENT HAMILTON consists of three full-length features". cinando.com. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
- "Agent Hamilton - On Her Majesty's Service". sfinternational.se. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "Hamilton 2: Unless It's About Your Daughter". classification.gov.au. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- Bruce, Daniel (2013-06-20). "Hamilton: But Not if it Concerns Your Daughter (2012)". michaeldvd.com.au. Retrieved 2013-07-05.