Agent Provocateur (lingerie)
|Headquarters||London, England, United Kingdom|
|Products||lingerie, sleepwear, hosiery, swimwear, accessories, outerwear, fragrances|
Agent Provocateur is a British lingerie retailer founded in 1994 by Joseph Corré and Serena Rees. The company has 100 stores in 13 countries. In 2007, 3i, the private equity firm, purchased 80% of the company for £60 million.
- 1 History
- 2 Products and marketing
- 3 Criticism
- 4 Stores
- 5 UK Boutiques
- 6 European Boutiques
- 7 North and Central American Boutiques
- 8 Russian and for CIS Boutiques
- 9 Middle Eastern Boutiques
- 10 Asian and Australian Boutiques
- 11 External links
- 12 Gallery
- 13 References
1994: Early years
The company sought to sell colourful and fashionable lingerie though began manufacturing a line of lingerie under the company's name after failing to source via other brands.
2007: Purchase by 3i
Products and marketing
In 2000, the company released their first signature fragrance called Agent Provocateur. Since then, the range has expanded to include more fragrances plus a selection of beauty products and cosmetics.
The company is famous for its provocative videos. Its most recent addition sees Melissa George of Home & Away fame, English model Chloe Hayward and American beauty Elettra Wiedemann all star in the John Cameron Mitchell-directed campaign, which urges women to control their own destinies (while wearing luxury AP lingerie, of course).
In previous years, these have included Kylie Minogue (2001) and Kate Moss in 2006 and 2008. Hollywood actress Maggie Gyllenhaal took over for supermodel Kate Moss as the new face for the line in 2007.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (May 2014)|
- Mayfair, London
- Soho, London
- Royal Exchange, London
- Notting Hill, London
- Knightsbridge, London
- Selfriges, London
- Harrods, London
- Bicester Village, Oxfordshire
- Selfridges, Birmingham
- King Street, Manchester
- Selfridges, Trafford Centre, Manchester
- Victoria Quarter, Leeds
- Glasgow, Scotland
- Pous Rue Cambon, Paris, France
- Rue de Grenelle, Paris, France
- Printemps, Paris, France
- Galleries Lafayette Strasbourg, France
- Cannes, France
- Madrid, Spain
- La Puerto Banus, Spain
- Via Verri, Milan, Italy
- La Rinascente, Milan, Italy
- KaDeWe, Berlin, Germany
- Breuninger, Stuttgart, Germany
- Ludwig Beck, Munich, Germany
- Oberpollinger, Munich, Germany
- Alsterhaus, Hamburg, Germany
- Vienna, Austria
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Jelmoli, Zurich, Switzerland
- Geneva, Switzerland
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- De Bijenkorf, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- De Bijenkorf, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Antwerp, Belgium
- Knokke, Belgium
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Harvey Nichols, Istanbul, Turkey
- Bucharest, Romania
North and Central American Boutiques
- Madison Avenue, New York
- Rodeo Drive, Los Angeles
- Mercer Street, Soho, New York
- Forum Mall, Caesars, Las Vegas
- Geary Street, San Francisco
- Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles
- Bloomingdales, Orange County
- Bal Harbour, Miami
- Coral Gables, Miami
- Oak Street, Chicago
- Newbury Street, Boston
- Atlanta, Phipps Plaza
- Bloor Street, Toronto
- Holt Renfrew, Vancouver
- Holt Renfrew, Montreal
- El Palacio De Hierro, Mexico City
- Bloomingdales, Beverly Center
- Bloomingdale's New York
Russian and for CIS Boutiques
- Kutuzovsky, Moscow
- Stoleshnikov, Moscow
- TSUM, Moscow
- Four Seasons Mall, Moscow
- Crocus mall, Moscow
- Malaya Bronnaya, Moscow
- European Mall, Moscow
- Smolensky Passage, Moscow
- 117 Nevsky Prospect, St. Petersburg
- Kiev, Ukraine
- Saks 5th Avenue, Almaty, Kazakhstan
Middle Eastern Boutiques
- Dubai Mall, UAE
- Dubai SAKS, UAE
- Pearl Mall, Qatar
- Harvey Nichols, Kuwait
- Beirut Central District, Lebanon
Asian and Australian Boutiques
- Lane Crawford, Hong Kong
- Lane Crawford, Canton Road, Hong Kong
- Park View Green, Beijing China
- Lane Crawford, Shanghai, China
- Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Cheongdam, Seoul, Korea
- David Jones, Sydney, Australia
- David Jones, Perth, Australia
- David Jones, Brisbane, Australia
- Cooper, Leonie (11 January 2008). "G2: Style: Frilly business: We may demand cheap clothes, but we are prepared to splash out a lot more on what lies beneath. Leonie Cooper on the boom in luxury underwear". The Guardian (London).
- Attwood, Karen (2007-11-16). "Agent Provocateur sold to private equity firm 3i for £60m". The Independent (London). Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- "Agent bucks trend in recession". Press Association Ltd. 23 March 2009. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Hamilton, Alan (2007-06-21). "Lingerie boss rejects MBE because Blair is morally corrupt". The Times (London). Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- "Joe Corré and Serena Rees: Sex and the City". The Independent (London). 2002-07-29. Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- Santi, Ana (19 December 2008). "Garry Hogarth Interview". Drapers. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Agent Provocateur Rodeo Drive Store Opening Cocktail Party". Getty Images. 17 February 2011. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Wilson, Amy (2009-03-23). "Agent Provocateur says lingerie sales hold up". The Daily Telegraph (London). Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- Agent Provocateur Fragrances
- Alice Newbold. "Melissa George frolics on catwalk for Agent Provocateur's autumn campaign".
- Andy Tibbs (27 January 2010). Advertising: Its Business, Culture and Careers. Taylor & Francis. pp. 76–. ISBN 978-0-415-54468-9. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "Top 10: Agent Provocateur Models - Number 2". Askmen.com. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Top 10: Agent Provocateur Models - Number 1". askmen.com. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-479630/Maggie-Gyllenhaals-steamy-Agent-Provocateur-campaign-revealed.html Retrieved on 2009-21-04
- Conti, Samantha (22 January 2014). "Agent Provocateur Takes to the Kitchen". WWD. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- Tony Yeshin (25 July 2005). Advertising. Cengage Learning EMEA. p. 24. ISBN 978-1-84480-160-2. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- Jim Blythe (2006). Principles & Practice of Marketing. Cengage Learning EMEA. p. 48. ISBN 978-1-84480-120-6. Retrieved 22 October 2012.