|Public limited company
|Headquarters||Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom|
|Ken Hanna, Chairman
Chris Weston, CEO
|Revenue||£1,515 million (2016)|
|£248 million (2016)|
|£125 million (2016)|
Aggreko plc is a supplier of temporary power generation equipment and of temperature control equipment. It is headquartered in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Aggreko was founded in the Netherlands by Luc Koopman in 1962. It moved to Scotland in 1973 and was acquired by Christian Salvesen plc in 1984. It was demerged from Christian Salvesen and first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1997.
The company acquired substantially all the activities (other than those relating to large gas turbines) of General Electric Energy Rentals for total consideration of circa US$212m in 2006. It became the sole supplier for temporary power and temperature controls for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games in 2008 and the sole supplier for temporary power for the London 2012 Olympic Games in 2012. It was also the provider of temporary power for the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
In 2012, Aggreko acquired 100% of the operations of Poit Energia, a supplier of power generation equipment in Latin America.
Aggreko has offices in Western Europe, the United States and Australia, and smaller numbers of locations in Africa, Latin America, the Middle East and Asia. The items hired out include gas and diesel generators, load banks, heaters, air conditioners and chillers. Aggreko's International Projects business operates out of London from where they can supply power-plants to overseas locations.
- "Annual Report 2016" (PDF). Aggreko. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- "Aggreko confirms £48m contracts". The Scotsman. 10 February 2010. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- "Company History - About Us - Aggreko". aggreko.com. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Aggreko buys GE rentals for £111m". scotsman.com. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- Aggreko wins Beijing Olympics Power Contract,
- Simon Neville. "Power generators Aggreko profit boost thanks to £55m Olympic contract". the Guardian. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Aggreko generate power for 2014 Commonwealth Games". aggreko.co.uk. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- Aggreko buys Poit Energia in £140m deal BBC, 26 March 2012
- "Aggreko wins 5 MW contract in Gujarat". keralamonitor.net. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 15 March 2015.