|Full name||Agim Hysen Murati|
|Date of birth||8 March 1953|
|Place of birth||Shijak, Durrës County, Albania|
|Date of death||15 September 2005(aged 52)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Agim Hysen Murati (8 March 1953 – 15 September 2005) was an Albanian international football striker. During his career, Murati was recognised for "his ability to head the ball in the penalty area".
Agim Hysen Murati was born on 8 March 1953 in Shijak, the son of Hysen and Myhrie Murati. He was raised in Shijak and attended the high school. He developed a passion for the sport from an early age, joining Erzeni academy in 1967.
Murati begun his footballing career with his hometown club Erzeni, making his way through ranks before joining Partizani Tirana in 1970 as a 17-year old. This transfer occurred after Murati impressed the manager Loro Boriçi in a friendly match against Shkëndija Tiranë, in which he scored a header.
Murati is the only Partizani Tirana player to have score a hat-trick in the capital derby versus Tirana; the hat-trick came on 28 December 1980 in a 3–2 win. All the goals were headers scored inside 27 minutes.
He is also known for the goal scored against Scotland's Celtic in the 1979–80 European Cup. His goal scored in the first leg on 19 September gave Partizani the 1–0, but they lost 4–1 in the second leg and were eventually eliminated 4–2 on aggregate.
After ending his career, Murati continued his football career now as a manager; he coached the senior team of Erzeni for a short time and before that has also trained the youngster players in Tirana and Shijak.
Style of play
Murati's most known skill was his heading ability; he is known to have scored more than 75% of his goals with headers.
Murati married Diana Murati in 1978; she gave birth to the couple's first children Donald on 13 October 1979. On 15 September 1983, Murati's wife gave birth to the couple's second children, a daughter named Anjeza.
On 27 December 2009, more than four years after his death, Murati was honoured with "Legend of Albanian Football" award. He was also received the Silver order of Naim Frashëri Title and Meritorious Master of Sport.
- "Asllan Kasa: Goleadori "fluturues" dhe "Mbret i ajrit", i sfidoi portierët, jo "jetën"" [Asllan Kasa: The flying goalscorer and king of the air, he challenged the goalkeepers but not the life] (in Albanian). Telegraf.al. 21 February 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- "Albania - I capocannonieri del campionato" [Albania - The goalscorer of championship] (in Italian). Calcio Mondiale Web. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- "Speciale/ Gjithë golashënuesit e derbit të kryqytetit" [Special/ All the goalscorer of the capital derby] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 18 February 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- "Histori, 37 vjet më parë Partizani trembte Sëlltikun" [History, 37 years ago Partizani scared Celtic] (in Albanian). Shekulli.com.al. 19 September 2016. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- "Agim Murati - national football team player". EU-Football.info. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- "Football MATCH: 10.10.1973 Albania v Finland". EU-Football.info. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- "Murati, trajneri i ri i Erzenit" [Murati, the new coach of Erzeni] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 1 February 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- "Agim Murati". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- Football Database profile