Agni is a panchayat village in the southern state of Karnataka, India. Administratively, Agni is under Shorapur Taluka of Yadgir District in Karnataka. The village of Agni is 1.5 km by road west of the village of Agthirth and 14 km by road north of the village of Hunasagi. The nearest railhead is in Yadgir.
There are eight villages in the gram panchayat: Agni, Agthirth, Amlihal, Badlapur-Becharak, Bendartalhalli, Handral, Huvinhalli, and Karibhavi.
As of 2001
census, the village of Agni had 1,920 inhabitants, with 926 males and 994 females.
As of 2011
census, the village of Agni had a population of 2,233.
- ^ 2011 Village Panchayat Code = 221176, "Reports of National Panchayat Directory: Village Panchayat Names of Shorapur, Yadgir, Karnataka". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India. Archived from the original on 6 March 2013.
- ^ 2001 Census Village code = 0353300, "2001 Census of India: List of Villages by Tehsil: Karnataka" (PDF). Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. p. 137. Archived (PDF) from the original on 13 November 2012.
- ^ a b c 2011 Census Village code = 620915, "Reports of National Panchayat Directory: List of Census Villages mapped for: Agni Gram Panchayat, Shorapur, Yadgir, Karnataka". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India. Archived from the original on 15 February 2013.
- ^ "Yadgir District Map Showing Railway Line". Yadgir District. Archived from the original on 6 February 2013.
- ^ "Village wise statistics of Shorapur Taluka". Yadgir district. Archived from the original on 6 February 2013.
- ^ "NPR Report: Karnataka: Yadgir: Shorapur". National Population Register, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011. Archived from the original on 26 April 2013.