2012 Agni Air Dornier 228 crash
9N-AIG, the Dornier involved, seen two months earlier at Lukla Airport
|Date||14 May 2012|
|Site||Near Jomsom Airport, Nepal |
|Aircraft type||Dornier Do 228-212|
|Flight origin||Pokhara Airport, Pokhara, Nepal|
|Destination||Jomsom Airport, Jomsom, Nepal|
The aircraft was flying from Pokhara Airport to Jomsom Airport on an unscheduled flight. There were eighteen passengers, two pilots and a flight attendant on board. At 09:30 local time (03:45 UTC), the aircraft attempted to land at Jomson, but the first attempt was aborted by the pilots. During the subsequent go-around, one of the aircraft's wings impacted a hill, causing the aircraft to crash, killing 15 out of the 21 people on board.
The aircraft involved was a Dornier Do 228-212 bearing the registration 9N-AIG. It was built by Dornier Flugzeugwerke in 1997 and was operated by Hornbill Skyways before being purchased by Agni Air in 2008.
Passengers and crew
- Hradecky, Simon (14 May 2012). "Crash: Agni D228 at Jomsom on May 14th 2012, impacted terrain during go-around". Aviation Herald. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- "Plane crashes in northern Nepal". BBC News. 14 May 2012. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- Toh, Mavis (14 May 2012). "Agni Air Dornier 228-200 crashes in Nepal, killing 15". Flight Global. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- "REGISTRATION DETAILS FOR 9N-AIG (AGNI AIR) DORNIER 228-212". Planelogger. Retrieved 1 April 2018.
- "Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 1 April 2018.
- "Child actor Taruni Sachdev of 'Paa' fame, among Nepal crash victims". India Today. 15 May 2012. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- "15 die in Agni Air crash at Jomsom, six survive". República. 14 May 2012. Archived from the original on 14 May 2012. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- "Låg bland säten och kroppar". Aftonbladet. 15 May 2012. Retrieved 15 May 2012.